hair dynamics on, then say goodbye to grass

Hi has anyone else had this issue, Ive have tried lots of different options, deleting objects from the scene etc etc… to try and find what I might be doing wrong,there are no collision objects in the scene yet as soon as i enable dynamics my nice grass vanishes any ideas on where to start looking… ive ran out of ideas, it would be nice to use collisions in my animation. the collision testing on the file below works fine but so far I havent had the option to try it out large scale
due to the grass going on holiday when dynamics is turned on :spin:

Attachments

Collidetest_6.blend (5.41 MB)

Not sure what the problem is from the file, since that works properly. Probably another setting that is being overlooked (i.e. in weight paint or edit mode?). I must admit I have never seen this kind of problem before.

Same here on a 2.75a official. Your demo works beautifully.

Cheers for the replys ,yeah Im perplexed as to why its happening as well , think I will do a screen grab of my settings and start from scratch seeing as i have tried everything else, I’m using 2.75a hopefully I pinpoint the mistake.

Here are all my current active settings before I enable the hair dynamics option.

Can you give us a blend file of just the terrain (no need for additional textures if they are proprietary), since whatever the problem is, it is probably something hidden.