Piano

Planning on making an animation with this piano, it is based on a real piano and is to scale.
I would appreciate any and all criticism before I start making the animation.

Hi adele

good looking piano.

not to sure where you want to go with this, if it is realistic you need to work on the textures.

The wood looks plastic and the grain is not correct, the gold used for the writing and the pedals is also not accurate as well as the keys and the what i think is silk.

The left hand side of the piano seems to be floating in the air.

hope to see more.

shaun

Yes i do want it to be realistic. I have redone the wood material and the gold material used for the writing and the pedals. What do you mean the keys aren’t accurate?
I have also changed the background and the lighting.

Here is a closeup of the wood:

Totally redone the wood material and fixed the mapping. I used empties to change the direction of the grain.

I like your piano but have a few tips. Your last render became dark - try to make lighter scene. I think that “Selviano” plate must be in light - now it in shadow. Return shininess to wood material)

Gerlen, thanks for your reply. I’ve made it a little lighter, what do you think? Does it still need to be lighter?

Attachments

Hi adele88

Sorry took so long to respond.

I was speaking about the material of the keys.

I had a look on google for the Celviano piano and most that I saw were not glossy at all as pianos traditionally are, so you are on the right track with the wood material.

You also have the piano in a bit of an advertising pose (so what I am about to say next is subjective). I think your post #3 is the best you have done here, the wood material looks really nice there, the keys need some more gloss though. I would like to see you marry the 2 pics in post #3 letting the piano have a more dynamic stance.

I attached a pic of what I think, see what you think.

Shaun