Forgotten

My latest project… :slight_smile:

I’ve modelled the lantern and the environment myself, but the plant is a modified version of this guys work: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/72551 - Thanks btw.

The original idea was just to put the hurricane lantern in an old, abandoned house, but then I thought a blue, modern city in the background would be a nice, interesting contrast. ^^ - Soooe… - Yea, that is what it is supposed to look like, at least.

Made in blender with cycles and post processed in the Blender compositer and in Photoshop.
1000 samples, 2034 x 1176 (Idk, why I choose this res…)

Thanks!

High Quality: http://u.cubeupload.com/dan80/Forgotten01.png

Attachments

Hi, :slight_smile:
I like this image, this is really well detailed. I find the lighting very good, the warmth of the inside contrast very well with the cold blue outside. Maybe I would have made the picture a little more zoomed (scarcely, just to have a little less empty space on the edges)

Very nice texturing! I agree with tellurian that croping it in would help the composition. The thumbnail is pretty nice in that regard imo.
Keep it up!

Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile:
When I made the final render i actually thought about adjusting the focal length to get rid of some of the empty space and I have no idea why I didn’t do it… I also think a larger focal length could give the image a better feel. :slight_smile: - I might fix it if I get the time.

Very beautiful! Love texturing and lighting !

Looks great!

Did you use the tutorial from Blender Guru? Looks quiet similar.

Thank you Lezly. :slight_smile:

I watched the tutorial from Blender Guru and got the general idea of how I would build the material, but mine is a bit more complicated than his. :slight_smile: Thanks for the feedback!

Sick lightning and texturing! great job, congrats!

Thank you deadmeadow… :slight_smile:

Finally I think I have improved the render a bit by cutting away some of the empty space and adjusting the lighting a bit.

And some new close ups.

The rust is a little to bright. Except this, realy good work.

Well, yea… The color of the rust is probably to bright. Maybe some more contrast would have helped too… :slight_smile: Thank you for the feedback.

Don’t over do the post production

Okay, I will try not to do that in the future. :slight_smile: - Thank you.