Low poly dinosaurs

Aside from my blender projects, i also do some game modding, it’s a small animals game, but it’s pretty fun. so i thought i’ll share some low-poly models that i made for that game as well. the game is called Zoo Tycoon 2 if you’re interested.

Jurassic World’s T.rex. 2,554 verts count.

critics appreciated

nice, small arms but nice :slight_smile:

I guess you don’t know a whole lot about T-rexes. =D

Good work Bill! The texturing is a very good reincarnation of JW’s t-rex.

Looks great to me… Loving the texture. Definitely got the polys in the right spots too.

How did you do the texture for it?

Can you post a wireframe? These look really good! I never would have guessed how low poly they are.

I know T- Rexes have small arms, but here they look way too small.

you dare to doubt me!? :stuck_out_tongue:

i did used a subsurf modifier for the render though xD

this model is an old version i updated it quite a bit now, but i lost the files. getting bored with the restrictions in game modding.

and for texture, first i sculpt it a little bit, bake a texture out of the sculpt, and use texture paint mode as well as photoshop to finalize it

Obviously sir, you got no idea about dinosaurs.

Good job on the low poly dino.

Nice model, but some how the head looks a bit pulled out of the body

yeah, i agree. but this is a game mod, i am limited in term of modeling, cause i need to fit it inside the games’s bones rig. which is why i don’t do this anymore

That’s a great low poly. Maybe a bit too much shininess. Great texturing work. The game engine restriction is that you can’t do PBR?

i don’t know what that means :stuck_out_tongue: . but you don’t really need to know too much, it’s a very very old game, for kids