Order of hair/ parenting and rigging?

I wonder if anyone can point in in the direction of a good tutorial which explains what order to do things so they all work properly when a model is posed? I am having all sorts of problems with my particle systems staying put or even getting the parenting to work when my model is posed. Half the time objects which have been parented to the main mesh just stay put when posed.
Also for some crazy reason the lens of both eyes (which are the same object as the eye) refuses to move when the model is posed – the rest of the eye does. Everything else moved except for the lenses. When I move the entire mesh, the lens will move, but just not when it is posed.
The file is too large to upload so Im hoping there is some good tutorial I can follow explaining what can go wrong and why??

About the only thing I know is to make sure the armature is above the Particles in the modifier stack

Hi try parenting your mesh objects to the bones rather than the mesh ie: Hat mesh is parented to the head bone.

I agree with @jonathandone - the mesh is moving in Transform space when you pose the mode, not in World space, so any mesh parented to it is unlikely to ever move. If you parent the particle mesh, or any other “accessory” type meshes to the appropriate bones in the rig, you should get the result you want.

I think that is the correct understanding of what is happening, to those who know better - please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Cheers, Clock.

Thankyou both, I ended up just joining the mesh objects (as I have no real need for them to be separate anyhow) this seemed to work but still no change with the eye lens it just wont budge in pose mode. Being part of the same mesh as the eye, I’m completely stumped

Check which bone the lens vertices are assigned to - you can do this either in Weight Paint mode, by checking each bone or in Edit mode by choosing each eye bone and seeing if any vertices are assigned to it. Or you can create a new blend file, append the complete eye to it and post it here and we will look at it for you. My guess is that the lens vertices are not assigned to any bone.

Cheers, Clock.