Scene overlay lighting and seperate character scenes?

I’m trying to figure out how to overlay lights from the main scene into a hud or fps arms scene. I have it working using a duplicate scene with character controls and collisions. All objects in that scene are invisible except the hud and lights. That method causes frame rate issues. Another question I had was if I could use a empty as a spawner and spawn my character from another scene. Any help would be much appreciated.

Have the arms in the same scene as the light.

To prevent the arms from clipping into walls, you can:
-Scale the arms down and place them close to the camera (as to have them inside your character’s collision box)
-Set the Z offset of the arm’s material(s) so they are drawn over anything that might normally be drawn over them.
-Do the ‘aim the gun in the air’ animation when your’re close to a wall (don’t do this, LOL)
For your second question: Yes. Without any info on how your game works though, there’s no more help there I can provide :stuck_out_tongue:

I do not understand why you need that lights in your other scene

You can use a script to get the positions of each light in main scene(loop through all the scene.lamps and save their worldPosition on globalDict) and than get theese positions in overlay and spawn lamps in the same positions. In the case of that you need to also get worldPosition of player and move overlay camera/arms together with player…