Follow path frustrations.

Ok, I don’t know what the issue seems to be, but whenever I attempt to use the FOLLOW PATH constraint on an object or camera, I get unsatisfactory results as soon as I choose the proper curve or path on my designated object, such as…

Object, or the objects origin, is thrown very far away from the curve or path, so I have to spend extra time to re align the object and curve.

Object does not follow path as intended. Sometimes ignoring the Z axis.

I know I’m supposed to use the FOLLOW CURVE and OFFSET to traverse the path, but no dice.
Can someone please she’d some light on this issue for me?
I’m doing a large city scape with an aux highway where the car will travel.
All I’m trying to do is make a car follow a path for the highway and a frieght train follow the tracks, but I’m having difficult times.

Tank-a-yew.

Point 1 - please post support questions in the appropriate SUPPORT forum, this is NOT a Blender Discussion topic no matter important you may think it is

Point 2 - Please ALWAYS supply a demo blend file with your post, we know absolutely zero about your scene setup, your objects and your settings. ALL these are important to determine what may or may not be going wrong in your case

Ensure the origins of the curve and object are the same and you use the correct constraint settings.

I agree with Richard - always ensure the object and the path share a common origin, then the object will not jump off a distance. If it does, just position the 3D cursor on the origin of the path (key s and select “Cursor to Selected” - the origin should be on the first vertex by the way, then select the object and key S and select “Selection to Cursor”, then the object will move to the origin of the path. Make sure the object has a sensible origin point…

…and supply a blend file with the problem illustrated in it.

You can set the origin point of an object by positioning the 3D cursor where you want the origin to be and then use the “Set Origin” button in the left hand 3D view menu (key T if it is not visible), and choose “3D cursor”. Also make sure neither the object or path have any unapplied rotations or scaling - select the object(s) and key CTRL+A and select “Rotation and Scale” from the popup.

Cheers, Clock.

Apologies, I didn’t include a blend file because I’m using my mobile as it is my only access to the net of inter and the blend file is in laptop. I also haven’t been active on this forum in a couple years and forgot the rules.

Plug your phone into your laptop - transfer the blend file to your phone, then post it from your phone…

Cheers, Clock.