Challenge #636 (28/8/15) Entries CLOSED

Theme #636 for Friday 28th of August 2015 is: What could go wrong

Entry closes at 22:30 GMT or 16:30 CST, Monday 31st of August 2015.

Why do I feel like I could pull inspiration from personal experiences…:eek:

Great theme selection, looking forward to seeing the creative ideas this week.

Gonna try to enter this one, but I have a question about the UI of 2.75…is there a way of NOT having to deal with the damn circle when trying to go back and forth between edit/object, etc…it’s annoying, and more steps than necessary to do such a simple function. :eek: :spin: Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, got it. Had to turn off pie interface.

this reminded me of something i did a few years back… take a bag, and fill it up with hairspray, then light it on fire with a lighter. the problem was, it didnt ignite untill i had my hand all the way into the bag xD but there was gas all around me… guess how that went…

Ever tried building a centrifuge out of an old vacuum cleaner motor and duct tape? It’s a lot of fun until the thing turns into a test-tube launcher and the tubes start flying though the air and exploding on the walls - which actually happens right before the whole machine gets out of balance and bursts into pieces… Great topic btw! :slight_smile:

What could ​go wrong? Pure, Blender Internal.

Attachments

Been quite a while since I’ve entered, pure, made with LuxCore + Cycles.

nvm cant see to get it done in time…

go watch andrew price’s video on how to make realistic fire, i think you can do it a LOT better. looks good now too tho, but i see a lot more potential :slight_smile:

Pure, I guess. The textures for the screen and newspaper were made outside Blender, but everything else is Blender only. Rendered with Cycles.

“The Best of Times, The Worst of Timing”

Cookie Heist

Pure cycles 1000 samples.
EDIT: 1000 samples for real now.

“Double Dog Dare”
Non-competing.
Cycles. 1500 Samples. All new.

A carpenter should repair my roof and lost his balance, and almost fell.
Sky is Andrew Price PRO-SKY Add On. And the Carpenter is made with Make Human.
~

Attachments

Cables of Destiny

Edit: bigger resolution
Edit2: can’t delete old version

Attachments

“MacGuffin”

pure, cycles (1000 samples), blender only
gn8

Here is my non-competing entry:

Humanizing the Machine

http://www.artofinterpretation.com/images3/wc635-HumanizingTheMachine-byrjt2015.jpg

RobertT

Simpson Homer

Cycles, pure. All blender except the logo on the t-shirt and the HDRI.

I think I bit off a bit more than I could chew with this one. I still have a lot of sculpting to clean up but I have no more time to work on it.

I did however finally find the reason to my headaches with getting hair to render in cycles. It was so frustrating because sometimes the hair would render and most of the time it would not. Turns out the hair will not render if the particle system is in edit mode. Finally figured that out (yeah, I’m a bit slow…)

Great entries so far. I really like Photox’s as it brings back memories of doing that exact same thing as a kid. And I like the no stairs icon on the box. Nice touch.

Helge once again has a unique creation.

RobertT, as usual, has a stunning submission.

Orchidaceae, I really like the colors in your entry. Very nice.

Looking forward to seeing what finalbarrage brings. The W.I.P. is looking very promising.

Good luck all.

Attachments

“The Election”

Non-Competing

What could go wrong?

Hello, this time I didn’t have enough time, but I really liked the idea of the theme, I hope you like it. The name “It’s only a couple of beers”

I am trying to delete one of the attachtments but I cannot erase it. The good one is the one without the shadow in the windshield.

Attachments