weight transfer tools changed in the lastes version?

I had an older version of blender 2.72b I believe and then I updated to the newest version and for some reason it doesn’t want to allow me to transfer weights between mesh items. I have a perfectly rigged collada file I saved it as an obj file and then modified its shape to what I needed it to be. now I want to transfer the weights from the perfectly rigged one back into the modified one and for the life of me it will not transfer the weights. I noticed on the latest version of blender there are a lot more options in the mesh data panel that pops open when you hit transfer weights so I am guessing I just don’t have them set right enclosed is a pic of what I have going on

I used to do this operation in the old version and it was slick and easy I am not sure what has changed in the new version as far as settings go anyone have any ideas as to where I am going wrong?

I know that for me it works perfectly. I have to have the mesh at the exact same place and then when I do the transfer, I change Active layer to all layer, and it works!

Hope that helps!

Mathias.