Questions about a career in 3d animation and modeling

Hi, I have been teaching myself blender for about 8 months or so and loving it, but i have a few questions about a possible career in it.

• is it realistic to make a career out of it? ( by realistic i mean is there a demand for animators or modelers in general)
  • Are the schools expensive to learn the trade?
  • could i work at home or do i need to move around the country to find work?
  • do i need to be able to draw? (i’m not very artistic when i comes to drawing by hand or anything)

Do some practice with drawing, You don’t have to be great at it but it is one of those things that is looked for. And as for schools, I would most likely focus more on perfecting your trade and prowl though all of the fourms you can find on the subject. Poly count and 11 second club come to mind. And As much as some people may frown at me for saying this. I would check blender artists every day. But I would keep a distance between your professional life and this forum, Some things have more acceptance in this community then I find comfortable. Yes there was some public outcry but that should of been removed, links and all.

If you’re in the United States then your local community college most likely has plenty of programs regarding 3d art, and should be very affordable. Don’t expect too much out of it though- they really only give you the basics of what you should know, but it’s a good way to get connections.
If you’re looking into anything related to the game industry, I can recommend trying to attend ECGC each year.