screen recorder and webcam for tutorials?

i was asked to do some video tutorials for a small gaming community about blender, basically teach them what they need to know about blender to create user-made content for the game. so can anyone suggest a good, free (unfortunately) screen recorder. if it also have those webcam recording function too that would be great, like in Andrew Price’s tutorials he have a small window of the webcam recording at the corner. i tried screencast o matic, free version, it have everything i asked for, but it is limited to 15 minutes record time, and i would probably need more than that.

All you’ll ever need. There’s some setup involved but once you have it down it’s very quick to switch between games/softwares/desktop recording.

https://obsproject.com/

thanks, i actually found it right after posting this topic. it seems pretty decent.

also, a bit off topic, in regards of making tutorials i will have to of course make one about interface, but i heard somewhere that there might be a revamp on that in 2.8. so would it be a bad idea on making tutorials about that right now?

Not at all, as far as I know 2.8 is planned for late 2016 - start of 2017 :stuck_out_tongue: The HYPE is reallll