Empty File Browser

Hey everyone

I don’t know if my file browser for Blender has ever worked. I started using Blender close to 10 years ago.

I usually just ‘deal with it’ by typing in the file location, or dragging and dropping but I really want to get this fixed.

I have used multiple versions of Blender and just updated to 2.75 and am still having the issue.

‘Documents’ in the left pane reveals some folders and files but I can’t see anything when I click on something like ‘My Pictures’ for example. I have everything checked (show hidden, types, etc.) but all I see is the option to go up a directory.

I have no idea why this does not work! I looked around and it seems like most common solutions to this type of problem are not applying to me.

Thank you!

this is a windows bug you cant see system folders and in the case of my pictures folder, is not really a folder but more of a short cut to a bunch of location linked together. so you just need to go to there real folder and not the system short cut. I reported a bug similar to this on this https://developer.blender.org/T43113

I always figured that Microsoft’s " librarys " would mess things up

not only do people NOT know where their files are but software now can not find the files
as i recall they are links ran through the system registry

and C:\users/Your User Name
is a link to C:\documents and settings / your user name

but that is a royal mess of links