Burn

Hi, everyone!
Here is my latest work i did. What do you think about this? i’m open to all sugestions.
Every critique can be helpful so i rely on you!

Attachments

I like everything in this scene; the sparkles, lighting, floor etc. But I find the material of the uhm, meteor?, or burning glass not so well.
Its a bit strange. What is it exactly ? It looks like it is glowing or almost burning rock, but then I see the reflection of the light at the right. ( which is to smooth as well) . I think that makes it a bit strange.

If it is an lava,try to make it more orange look

Everything looks fantastic. My only two suggestions would be to make the lava material more of a red-orange (as commented already) and to make the floor right beneath the rock to be a little more lit. Considering the amount of sss one would expect from an object like this, my opinion is the it would emit its own light and pass on rays. An area lamp to just light the under, or several point lamps evenly distributed could maybe give this effect. Or, if you feel uncomfortable with lamps, you could make a mesh lamp, place it where the emission feels right, go to object menu, turn Type to wire, (for ease of viewport) and scroll down to Ray Visibility and uncheck Camera. This makes sure that the camera doesn’t render the mesh itself, just the light it emits.

One heck of a great render

What strikes me instantly are un-even scales of elements in the scene.

The scene look very small, like a close-up shot. It’s due to the right upper light and atmospheric elements close to the lens.

The rock looks very big, due to the glowish vein-like detailing and the cigarette-like smoke.

This doesn’t add up.