Life

This is my new project, and i think this is still not good. Please give me comments for this.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396766[/ATTACH]

I believe it needs foreground and background objects. Maybe grass… also in between those cracks… you could have grass coming out… maybe a little bit. Not much.

But overall it looks like a good project for your portfolio! :slight_smile:

I think the eggshell should have some cracs on the surface. Like here on the right half:

I would break the rhythm of the ground. I.e. with some grass (like 123ERTYY suggested) but not over the hole ground just in one or a few places.

I am not sure, but maybe some visible grass or ground inside of the eggshell.
But never the less good image already :yes:

I like it with just the tree, no grass or other plants on the ground, but you could add some rocks. Or eggshell fragments, maybe they didn’t all make it intact or some bits of this eggshell have fallen off. Another thought would be to have some roots coming out of the eggshell to connect the tree to the ground. But I definitely like it.

I like it, the only thing I see is that the branches of the tree looks a bit stiff and pointy to me, and it looks a bit as if I see double. Is it possible to make the branches more natural ? Not sure, but what about some pale mountains at the back? I don’t know what you are going to use it for, but I would add some text as if it was for a book ? Personally I find pictures with a bit text more interesting. Another idea is to put a person further away, almost at the back, to the left. This person is just standing there looking at the tree ?

1. the ground needs more deformity it is too flat (should help with the horizon line)
  2. you need something to define the scale, we dont know if the tree is small or if the egg shell is big. Grass, rocks, and other objects should help with this along with changing the geometry of the ground to be not as flat

It’s looking good so far, especially the lighting. Here are some things I think you could improve on, (many of which have already been stated):

1. I cant see where the trunk starts and the ground begins. I think you should move the tree up farther to show the base, and give some room for the roots.
  2. You need to indicate the scale.
  3. The egg shell needs a lot of work.
  4. It looks like the branches are cut off at the ends. You should add twigs coming straight off of the tip.
  5. The horizon looks to flat. I like Robwesselling’s idea of some distant mountains.
  6. Some scattered pebbles might look good.

What’s about setting the main light source behind the tree and add a little bit volume scatter to the scene? This would make the scene a little bit more dramatic.

I also support the idea of adding some roots to the tree as suggested above. Maybe let these roots grow over the whole ground could make sens.

But anyway - it’s still an interesting idea. Good work.

I think it’s perfect. It’s a surreal style so I don’t think there’s a need of technical corrections because it’s all consistent. Everything left is really in your creativity. If ANYTHING, I’d say the scaling is off. The eggs in the background should not be that big and the horizon line could align on the lower third. Just my 2 cents.