Golden Reel Fishing Gamejolt Stage(in-dev)

Hello!
I hope that most of you know my Blender Game Making Contest 17 game called Golden Reel Fishing. I decided that I want to continue development on this game. And I want to do it together with other skilled developers or some people that just wants to have a fun in developer. I am ready to work on this and I will accept any kind of help.

[Todo list]

• Create new, advanced rod - hook relationship physics. More advanced logic on it, realistic feeling of hook handing into line.I really need help with this!
  • Environment recreation.
  • More accurate throwing animation.

[Changelog]

[Screenshots]

[Videos]

My plan calendar

What I need now is help with hook setup. If anyone wants to help - I really need this!

I am interested in helping. If you want, I would love to see the details on how you want your hook setup.

OK! I will explain you later, propably tomorrow, because I am pretty busy today, gotta finish a script for Engine Roar, after that PC won’t be aviable.

The basic setup should be, though, like following:

• The hook is following the rod all the time with a bit of delay. It should look as much real as possible, like hanging.
  • When it is in water, I will make a bouyancy script for every dynamic objects. So it will have a basic, force based boyancy.
  • When throwing, it will be pushed in air with huge force, basicly all needed for throwing.
  • When pulling, it should… OKay, I will continue this when I gotta time;)

Thanks for wanting to help! I don’t get offers like this very often so I am very happy!:slight_smile:

if you want to make a simulation, it would be much work, because you can throw the hook over your head or at horizontal limit and every other angle.

i think it would be better to choose the throwingstyle first and than let the hook follow a precalculated path. you can implement an experience system to make the throws different i.e. if somebody play a longer time and catched much fish he will be given skillpoints that he can put on skills so the amout of random will be reduced. just an idea.

Yeah… Maybe an aiming circle to show approximate targeting zone and the better is your skill - the smaller the circle and the more accurate is the throw. Also more skill should allow further throws together with longer rods(yeah - longer rods increase throw distance a lot).

P.S. I had forgotten about this project, thank you guys for reminding!:slight_smile:

Still need help with the game ? Contact me on skype

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

Hi! Yes, thank you!:slight_smile: