Drawing an object

I don’t know the appropriate forum to post this or if this has already been posted. I’ve seen a video on YouTube where someone draws an object over a template, a picture that someone uploaded. I think it was a video that had someone making a bicycle. What are the appropriate tools to allow me to do this with my templates?

If I’m not making any sense, I’ll clear it up for you. What I’m trying to say is that if you draw over a template with certain tools, an object appears as a certain shape you drew it as.

I’m not exactly following,if you mean the reference images then you can add them under the “N” panel in the “background” image tab.

I’d start off box modelling. Check out this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn7IR3G6nio

Hi

You can do that with Grease Pencil…Draw over a template and then convert the drawing to bezier Curve.

You can then convert it to a Mesh with Alt -c…The 3 in a row in the picture is Mesh or work with as a bezier curve top one

This is just a few examples what You can do with grease pencil…When drawing on a template.

The Grease Pencil is a power tool…:slight_smile:

If You can show a link to the video it will be easier to know what You thinking on…Puff puff

Tai