Natural Staircase

I’ve been teaching myself how to create 3D Graphics in Blender 3D for about a year now. I consider this my best work so far. Even so, I feel like I still have a long ways to go before this is perfect. While I am proud of the result, the final image looks bland compared to the others on this site. I would use higher resolution textures and geometry in some parts, but my computer only has 8 GB of ram in it. So, I just barely got by. If anyone has any advice on how to make the image better, feel free to comment.

Hey!

I think the stairs need to be more prominent, Maybe go a bit detailed on the stairs. add more poly cuts and shape out cracks, which you can also add grass in it.

The texture of the tree on the left and the rocks needs a bit of a touch from UV mapping for my eyes.

Also i think if you can add a bit of a boost to the light and add a secondary light for the sky light. (Blue color) as what i can see you have used only one source for light.

when you add blue light with less casting shadows, ull see nice shadows thats tinted blue on the rocks. try it.

Well these are my honest opinions.

It looks like a great concept! :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’ll try those things out.

The rocks at the back to the left have a perfect color.
There the lighting is perfect I think. The rest of the scene, is to saturated, especially to much red and yellow.
I think if you just work on the lighting in the scene it will look better. Ah yes, and the textures, as said, on the rocks to the left. They look all the same.
Below a bit of color correction of your render.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]397003[/ATTACH]