Physics change after save?

Hi, total newb and absolute Blender beginner, but I will still ask.

For my work I needed an footage / an animation of a rolling die which ends up with the six on top.

Couldn’t find it anywhere, thought about animating one myself and voilá, I found Blender. Amazing stuff, and I want to learn more.

Now to the question at hand.

With the help of a YT tutorial I managed to produce a rolling die, ending with the six on top. Found a nice camera angle, rendered with most of the standard settings and felt like a regular wizard.

Only the animation, when loaded in the editing suite at work, showed some strange horizontal lines. So I thought, no worries, I will render again, higher quality and all will be good.

But, when I loaded the blender file, the die would roll completely out of frame and end up with another number on top.

At first I thought I maybe forgot to save the final one, but after rearranging the shot and trying hard to get the die to get on the six again and rendering again, I made sure I saved correctly.

But when loading the file, again, the die would end up somewhere else, with another outcome.

Anyone any ideas? I do I have an extra special version of Blender? :wink:

Thanks,

Robert

showed some strange horizontal lines
No screenshot or blender settings !! We have to use our imagination ?

do I have an extra special version of Blender?
No.

We need basic info. How did you animate the dice, keyframes, rigid bodies. If rigid bodies did you bake the animation to a cache for later playback ? Supply an example blend file

Hi :slight_smile:

Sorry for just the basics, I will attach the file when I am at my desktop computer.

Like I said, first-timer on Blender. Intend to do a course, but for now it’s just me, without much inside knowledge about anything. I’ll just upload the file shortly.

The lines only show up on a tv screen, so no screenshot there. I found out it probably has something to do with fields.

Anyway, thanks for the swift response :slight_smile:

r.

Hi :slight_smile:

My last reply wasn’t posted somehow, so here I go again.

I am a -confessed- total noob, so please bear with me. I am not in on the correct terms and parameters. Sorry for not posting the file(s) right away. Here they are.

The render and the file, saved immediately after. Two different outcomes. The others were more pronounced, but I don’t have the files and renders to go with them. These two belong together.

My question is: is there something that I can do to prevent this. Just in case I want/need to make another render.
Today I had to do a lot of repositioning and trying to get the result I wanted, which is slow going, as I am new to this.

If possible, I would like to prevent the hassle.

As for the horizontal lines: I don’t have a screenshot, as they only happened on a tv in the edting room. But I found out that probably has to do with ‘fields’, so I will need to render again.

[EDIT] Can’t upload my movie file, but suffice to say, it ended with the 6 being on top, which isn’t the case in the file that I saved (of the die with the six on top).

r.

Attachments

dice DEF2.blend (682 KB)