Procedural stone wall.

I’ve been trying to find a way to make a procedural stone wall for a castle. This is a test combining two tutorials I found and tweaking things until I achieved the following. The node setup for this is really insane and requires modifying the scale for different geometries, like the towers and the wall. I’m thinking I could probably simplify the nodes a lot because a lot of detail is lost due to scaling and the camera being far away.

That said. It looks good far away, but close up not so much.

PS. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing, I’m still very new to blender and 3d art in general.

Can you post your node setup? I’m also studying how to do procedural textures in cycles

Also I suggest that you look around youtube there a are tons over videos there.

pattern group

That node group with the colors is for the stone color you don’t really need it so I left it out. I also think that by layering the pattern group the overall effect will be better.

Wow, that’s A LOT. Personally I try to avoid using math nodes because i have hard time understanding them haha. Also have you been using the Node Wrangler?

Yeah, It was crazy before I put everything in groups. actually most of the above I took from other tutorials and modified them. I don’t really understand the math nodes too well myself. However add, subtract, divide, and multiply i’m starting to make sense out of. Mostly I just try things until I start to make sense out of them. And nope I havn’t tried node wrangler but I’m going to check it out.