Ever changing shortcuts?!

is it just me or is the shortcuts changing in every iteration getting realy anoying , dono if its something im doing wrong as thers a few i change to feel like the old days. But things like giving objects focus with “.” has also changed funconality in the latest build it seems and ctrl+v in edit mode now seems to paste objects instead of bringing up the remove doubles options. I keep finding little anoyences like this. Iv been using blender for meany years. Is it just me or is this getting realy annoying ? I want to keep up to date to get the latest features but its breaking my workflow.
I feel bed about recommending blender when thins kinda stuff changes or breaks.

is it just me or is the shortcuts changing in every iteration getting realy anoying
I’m not seeing shortcuts changing anything like your suggestion. Maybe one or two vwry occasionally.

and ctrl+v in edit mode now seems to paste objects instead of bringing up the remove doubles options.
For me this brings up the vertex special menu just as it has done as default for many many years (as well as in pre blender 2.5)

But things like giving objects focus with “.” has also changed funconality in the latest build
Still works exactly the same for me as it has always done.

These are with the default shortcuts in latest official release, if you are using custom shortcuts then that’s your problem if they change. If using experimental builds then raise on bug/project tracker.

Iv got a few zip download versions of blender in folders dose that confuse things? Just deleted ther latest build re download and tried it and still has the same settings is there a hidden way to reset them all?
I only change the mouse click to “g” comand with tweek to make it like it was on 2.4x dono why that woudl mess up vertex menu

There is a file, where blender stores its settings, where it is depends on your OS. When you start up a new Blender the first time, there is an option on the Splashscreen to copy settings from previous versions.