Calling all animators - project huckleberry

This post was last updated on Nov 6, 2016
Project Huckleberry: 2016/2017 Blender Open Movie Project!
Our Blog
: www.huckleberryproject.blogspot.com
My portfolio: www.gsaldanha2.blogspot.com

ANIMATORS STILL WANTED ASAP!!!
if you can help and have some knowledge of animating in Blender we really would love to have you!

What is Project Huckleberry?
It’s a project that started on August 26th, 2015, with the goal of making an awesome film, giving people powerful portfolio work, and of course, promoting the free software.

WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM!!! :slight_smile:

What about the script?
You can read the script on our blog or use this link: https://goo.gl/9i1zmw
And if you don’t feel like reading it, here is the summary:
Joe is a squirrel which a craving for strawberries. Fortunately, there is a farmer’s market that morning from which he steals two strawberries from. He goes over to a nearby barn to peacefully eat his fruit. A tractor passing by scares him and he runs around the corner. Upon return, his strawberries are gone and a fat rat waves its hand in the air, the other arm caressing the strawberry. Joe chases it back over to the market, up a tree, and then slips when trying to jump onto the market tent and falls, losing his vision. When he wakes, he finds himself in an endless pile of strawberries, which to him seems like heaven. He is about to take a bite when his paradise ends abruptly as one of the vendors takes him out of the basket.

What have you accomplished?
Written a story
Created a 3D storyboard
Finished modeling
Animated 2 scenes

How will I benefit?

• You will have a strong portfolio piece
  • You will gain experience
  • You will get to work in a group and collaborate with others
  • Others are willing to help you learn

Is my work protected?
Yes, it is! We won’t be giving or distributing any of your work without your permission.

When do you meet?
Meetings are online through Slack, generally every Saturday at 18:00 GMT (Subject to change)

What spots are open?

• Animators -2 slots left
    [LIST]
  • You don’t need to be great but you must put in effort and make it your best

[/LIST]

How do I join?
It’s easy! Just send me an email at <i>[email protected]</i> or leave a private message but be sure to include your email!

Can I receive updates?
We don’t have a newsletter but check www.huckleberryproject.blogspot.com for updates, good stuff (wallpapers, freebies, etc.), and more! You can subscribe to this thread as well.

Have a great day!

I’m interested in modeler job. Although I never did something like this and my skills are far from perfect, I’d love to join. I’m willing to work responsibly, as much as my skills will allow. It’s a good way to learn something new, I guess :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh, and here’s my portfolio that I’m slowly building up. Those are made with help of tutorials, except the bottle of the wooden table. So we can assume I have some decent skills, since tutorials I went through were amazing :slight_smile:

https://blade113.artstation.com/portfolio/quick-project

Hello again, I’m Alex from your email inbox. Well, we be glad to contribute via some moddeling, sounds interesting to me. Skill level about the same as Blade113 have, so this project better find a couple of skilled artists any time soon. :smiley: Anyway, I’ll try to learn and improve my skills while I’m with you (and IF I am, you’re the one to decide) =)

To sign up on Twoodo go to this link:
https://www.twoodo.com/app/action/account/join?accountKey=dadb9da8-d9f4-4e45-b8b9-1bab1e42b57a&registerCode=hjf6tos6jhe5v9ei
Once you sign up just create a quick post on twoodo providing your timezone please. Mine is GMT -8:00 or PST time

We are still looking for more people.
We mainly need storyboard artists at the moment since we are going to begin pre-production now.
However we do also need everyone else too.

Nice work. Just sign up on the above link in my reply.

Hi,
I am new to 3D animating and is verry exited to work on this project! I also do a bit a modeling.
Please check out my YouTube channel which I share with my partner.
(YouTube channel) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5lfGxgZblnb0eB93l4VNgQ/videos

https://www.twoodo.com/app/action/account/join?accountKey=dadb9da8-d9f4-4e45-b8b9-1bab1e42b57a&registerCode=hjf6tos6jhe5v9ei

PM sent. I’ve submitted my message multiple times, so you won’t miss it. And please make a time plan.

If anyone wants to join you can but we still need maybe 1 more concept artist and also animators

Note for people who want to join: we are not on twoodoo any longer, now changed to slack. Join us at projecthuckleberry.slack.com.

Next meeting is on 1900 CET, Wednesday 26th August. For anyone who wants to join us: bring a story for animation. We agreed on these rules:

• Kids friendly. No gore, no sex, no cuss-words.
  • About 2-3 minutes long. Talking animals allowed.
  • GOOD STORY. Read the pixar rules on this if you aren’t sure what a good story is.
  • Share the link via google docs into #stories_proposal.

That’s it. We had a three-hour discussion about this. First story proposal was by me with the short film RGB. Wednesday we vote on story, afterwards we’ll work on story more, then get to concepts in September / October. Movie target set for February / March 2016.

If you want to join us. Give me your email so I may invite you to Slack!

Hello! I would absolutely love to be a Modeller and a little animation. I have the same to say as Blade113 and I will put my full effort into this. I have sent a request on the slack group.

Thanks,
Bailey :slight_smile:

Alright a quick update.
-Wednesday August 26th at 18:00 GMT we have a story meeting deciding on a story. You are still invited for this and future meeting.
-The release date of the film is scheduled for March 2016
-We have a team of 7 members total
-We have these people, but of course want more of them anyway
*4 Modelers
*2 Animators
(and a director)
-We URGENTLY NEED STORYBOARD AND CONCEPT ARTISTS!!! (contact me to join -you don’t need to be amazing at drawing)
-We have setup communication systems and file directory (Slack and Google Drive)
Thank you and updates will be coming more!

shoots hand into the air Ooh ooh!! I wanna help! (oㅂo )

I’m not very good at 3D stuff yet, but I’m a pretty decent 2D artist (just not amazing… yet.)
Can I sign up for the Storyboard or Concept artist position? I’ve always wanted to do a storyboard for a movie hehe…
I have a portfolio up on my blog showing some of my nicer work and my email is [email protected]

for those that were wondering a site is in development.
We have 10 members have 5 days, Awesome!
WE DO WANT YOU! No matter skill level or field of interest, come help!

Hello,

I have 6 months experience in Blender animation and i have rendered few 3d images. I would like to be a part in your team.
Please let me know how to go about it. i Havent created my own portfolio yet but the below images are my 3d rendered images.

Thank you. Looking forward to work with a team.

Because our team is growing fast, we prefer to only accept intermediate-advanced leveled artists. By your work, I do not think that you are ready to begin working on a big animation. Sorry about this, but continue learning and remember they are many months until we finish and you may always apply again if you are ready.

Hello! I have been working in blender for around 2 years, recent projects include making an into for my Dad (Blender Internal) and making a bullet go through glass (in Cycles) by following a tutorial, but learning along the way. I hope to do modelling or be a storyboard artist. Although I’m not great at drawing and not the best at modeling, I hope I can help! :slight_smile:

Portfolio: http://s304.photobucket.com/user/Incantia/slideshow/

Hello! I have been working in blender for around 2 years, recent projects include making an into for my Dad (Blender Internal) and making a bullet go through glass (in Cycles) by following a tutorial, but learning along the way. I hope to do modelling or be a storyboard artist. Although I’m not great at drawing and not the best at modeling, I hope I can help!

Portfolio: http://s304.photobucket.com/user/Incantia/slideshow/