Caught - My latest render

I would really love some critiques on my latest render. My intention with the piece was to tell a story and create an atmosphere as I feel those are areas that I am lacking on in my older works. But feel free to critique any aspect of the image. This is my third iteration on the piece if you are curious to see the first versions I posted them here http://community.cgcookie.com/t/latest-artwork-would-love-some-critiques/2328/21

The wooden floor and mouse traps looks amazing :slight_smile:

The only issue for me is that everything seems to be scaled properly except the mouse trap shadow + maybe the shadow from the mouse.

I think your story is put forward nicely. However there is always things that can be done different :slight_smile:
One thing to think about is if you want the mouse trap displayed with the same method of the living interaction in the scene, only showing the back part of the mouse. Leaving a hint of it’s death but still not fully showing it’s fate.

Thank you for your comment Osares!

You are dead on about the scale of the trap shadow. I am working to fix that now.

I am confused with the final part of your comment. Are you suggesting to show less of an outline of the mouse to make it more ambiguous?

The floor looks greats aside from the slightly fake looking crevices in the bottom half. Good lighting though and nice detail. The shadows of the mouse traps are sharper than the windows or bars. 8.9/10

New version based on crits i’ve gotten.

Thank you for the comment gsaldanha2!

Haha, really good image! Deserves top row