Render 2 project on one iMac?

Hello.

I have never tried to render two different projects at the same time on 1 computer. (iMac mid 2011 with CPU)

Have you tried and what happened.
Thanks in advance.

Have you tried and what happened.
Why don’t you try and tell us what happend ?

OK. After one day both blow up in the middle of rendering. I think one of them interfere with the other one and interrupt with the second one. Thats why I think only one project can rendered alone.

if you render on the cpu you can set each render to use only half of the threads you have on your machine, so they wont fight for the whole cpu power. but you have also take a look at RAM usage.

better would be you search for a batch rendering solution, so that both jobs render one after one

I’ve done that in the past a few times without problem. Of course it slows things down. Mostly I did it where I had a couple of scenes from an animation to render and I wanted them both to render overnight and couldn’t figure out how to render one then render another while sleeping.

I know, it can be done from the command line. But this was a KISS situation. I was too tired to do things the efficient way, so I did it the simple way. It worked.

I did this on a PC. I don’t know what would happen on a Mac.