Deciding a pose when creating a model

I am a Noob if it comes to blender and I have set myself an impossible task I want to build the entire Ad&D monstrous manual in 3D. I want them to be ready for animation with bones and everything.

but first things first… let me make a mesh first :slight_smile:

my question is the following tough, What pose should I use for each type of monster

For humanoid I think the “Da Vinchi” pose is best before adding bones

For Dogs/Horses/Dragons

For insects I just add a pair of legs like

Does that looks about right

That is a pretty tall order if your a noob. Maybe try starting on just one monster for now.

but yes, it looks like you have the right idea. Normally people use a “T-pose” for humans. Sometimes people like to have the arms more at a 45 degree angle (halfway) to help get better deformations in the pectorals/ shoulder area. Sometimes A “T pose” makes it harder to have good deformations when the arms are all the way down. If you are doing stuff for games, I would suggest sticking to T pose, as some engines like it better.

Thank you.

I am very aware of the impossibility of the task… I am indeed a noob and of course I will start with a single Monster and finish it

It will be the way I learn, I just wondered if I had the right idea :slight_smile: