I3 4160 or FX 6300

Hi everyone haven’t posted in awhile and I wasn’t sure where to put this thread.

Anyways, I’m building a new rig mainly for blender but some Unity, Sculptris, Photoshop and similar programs. I’m working with a budget of $600 so pretty modest. I’m having trouble deciding between the I3 4160 - dual core 4 threads (1150 Soket), or the FX 6300 6 cores. I’m leaning towards the Intel even though it only has 2 cores it has an upgrade path to an i7. Plus since Skylake (1151 soket) just came out I suspect the previous gens will decrease in price. Plus, since we render cycles on the GPU I figured having a dual core wouldn’t hold me back that much. Thought I’d ask the experts here first tho. Also, I know the FX 6300 has an upgrade path but Id say the I7 would probably beat AMD’s top FX chip any day.

The build I’m planning is:

i3 4160
GTX 750ti (plenty of upgrade from here)
ASRock B85 Mini ITX
16 GBS of ram
SSD
WIN 10

Intel CPUs have more performance per core
AMD CPUs have more cores

I… would actually go with the 6300
But you know what would be best? if you saved up for an I7 4770k

Much obliged for the input. Anyone else use either of these for blender, unity, etc…? Figured I’d get more responses. I just want to spend money wisely. Full time student here lol

Price vs performance I would recommend the 6300.

Its in my current work machine and has no problem running Silo, 3DCoat, Blender, Gimp or Krita.