FB background

Hi guys, I’m doing a background now for a Facebook profile, and thought, why not get a second opinion from someone who knows the drill right? :slight_smile:
It’s not a big project, but it’s serious. So far, I’ve got something that you can see below. I don’t think it’s bad, but will be improving the piece here and there - but I’m not going to point out thinks that should be redone in my opinion not to bias you.
Well then, if you see anything that could/should/have to be improved/changed, please don’t hesitate to point that out. I haven’t done much stuff like this, so it’s very likely I’m not (yet) too good at it.
Thanks in advance!

PS: Well, I know about the noise :slight_smile:

I like it. No issues with contrast, levels, etc. Its for facebook, 3D design, and thats what it tells.
Blue and yellow and the red ; Nice combination.
Its simple enough, and I like the 3D butterflies. Even the floor is cute. :slight_smile:
The only thing I see, I think, is maybe an issue with anti-aliasing ?

imo the pile of butterflies in the background seems a little busy

Thanks guys!
Rob, I’ll look into the AA tomorrow (if by AA issues you meant strange looking lines on the floor, that may also be a texture size problem… But luckily I have the tex in vector format, so hopefully it’ll be an easy fix).
Modron, what do you mean by saying busy? Do you think they should just be placed differently, or removed completely?

I mean I think maybe a couple less of them would be good.

Ok, so the AA problem on the ground was really a texture problem (I’m not gonna go deep into it, but the fix was easy). As for the butterflies, I removed few of them from the scene, and tried to put them in few different positions… The best result I achieved (IMO) I post below. But still, I think I’ll give it another render just without the small butterflies in the back.

Anyway, I still have problems with caustics, with filter glossy set to 0,51, and 15 000 samples! If you have any nice tips for getting rid of them… I’d be grateful for any :slight_smile: