BGMC 17 | Finished | Vote Now!!!

BGMC17 FINISHED:

So, BGMC 17 is finished. I’m really excited about the number of games submitted this time around. 15 finished games are in the Finished games forum right now, so sorry if you didn’t get yours finished in time, but congratulations to those who did.

Everyone has had a couple of days to fix bugs while I got organized, so hopefully all the games are playable.

DOWNLOAD:
You can download a pack with all 15 games in it here:
BGMC17:WATER

It’s 800 megs! Maybe next BGMC should have a limit on upload size. :smiley: Anyway, please try to play all the games before voting. There’s some real gems there and I wouldn’t want anyone to miss them.

VOTING:
The vote is multiple choice, so please vote for your top three favorite games (Don’t vote for a game you made yourself of course! But it’s OK to vote for a friend’s game if you just shared a couple of fish models or something.)

If there’s a tie we will have a second round of voting. If at the end there are any games with zero votes, I may also do a separate “runners up” vote, so everyone gets a chance to get some feedback about their game.

Please tell me if something is missing, though it’s now too late to add any extra games, I did leave two extra days for submissions so that should have been plenty of time to get them in.

THE GAMES:

Here’s a preview video showing all 15 games:

Good luck everyone, and happy Blending!

Wow - almost 1 GB of amount. I see BGMC such large first time in my life:D

OK! Lets playtest one by one:)

I will rate 3 games in 3 nominations:

*Top graphics(in my opinion)
*Most interesting(again my opinion)
*Most work involved(from that what I can understand it)

Good luck everyone!:slight_smile:
Unfourtunately the Super boat racing boats wasn’t visible for me. Labyrinth was too laggy and Carlo’s Quest had some textures not packed(character was pink) and I couldn’t control character correctly:(

Cool, but I’ll need a a few days to play them all. I’ll have to DL tomorrow because I’m near my DL limit for today.

Downloading right now :smiley:
I’m so nervous about this, it’s my first BGMC

EDIT:
You guys should make a livestream or something to show up the games, I think it’s a nice idea :smiley:

I considered it today, but my 3 month old son was sleeping next to me while I was trying to play the games and he kept waking up. Wouldn’t have made a fun video. :smiley: He’s gone to sleep now though so I may do something…

EDIT:
Here’s a playthrough of some of the games I played. Please don’t let my opinions sway your voting though. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the nice video! Now I see what were minuses of my game:) Actually Discrete Fishing was my favourite game out of all, and it looks like it was yours too;)

Noooo it isnt^^ did you played the last version i uploaded?

Yes! If you take a look at my GPU, you can easily understand why I get 10 FPS. If you would have had more time, you could implement light LOD, baked normalmaps(instead of using diffuse texture as normalmap), object LOD etc. However, I understand that one week is not enaugh to do it:(

If the vote finishes after friday I won’t be able to see it unfortunately- I won’t have wifi next week (and maybe the next week). But if I get a chance I will like to see how the voting is going.

Edit: I forgot to mention, in my game if you press any key the game unpauses and you fall over dead ( I realized the timer would be impossible to see by the time it restarted)- also I believe that you can survive about 118 second without fighting anyone, so I think thats the goal to beat.

Thanks for the video with a couple games- they all look great

Good luck to everyone

Fredstash

I did enjoy golden reel fishing, but I only had 10 minutes for each game so I didn’t get many fish.

Actually fishing is a good analogy for making a game jam game.

Most people voting on a game jam like this won’t have much time to spend on each game so you need a “lure” (bait) to draw them in and then fun and fast paced game play to keep them “hooked”. Having a goal is important too, I spent 10 extra minutes on discrete fishing because of trying to get the Easter Egg.

Some games had a hook but no lure, others had a lure but no hook.

Yeah, in my game you can’t get easter egg in 10 mins and it is not even half as fun easter egg as Thatimsters “discrete” idea:D However, I am happy that you liked my game.
Current voting results looks very correct and interesting;)

You have to have really good eyes to see the easter egg in my game. :wink:

TwisterGE, will you post a fixed version of your game where I can see boats? It looks fun, but I can’t play it:(

Nice - already 3 votes for me, actually there are four 2nd places currently:)

Hi, I’m going to put a more inclusive and neutral video of all the games in the first post.

This video shows all the games prety clearely. Now I see few of them in action(which didn’t work for me due to my software or hardware). If I wouldn’t have voted already, this may change 1 of my 3 votes.

Nice to see that voting started, I’m curious to play all your games. By the way, did anyone find shia labeouf in fireman? :smiley: Also I’m curious: smoking mirror do you think fireman misses the lure or the hook? I would love to get some critical feedback on fireman in the games post so we can really push the game and give it some publicity, which could also help the bge.

BUMP, but I also just want you to know that only a few people know where to find this thread! and… I think it needs a place on the main page for a while longer. cheers!

Do you mean making this post sticky or placing it at the top bar of featured threads(with theese top renders)? Theese 2 ideas may do it.

@adriansnetlis
I think you’re the only one that is not seeing the boats, because I literally have nothing to fix :S

Only me? That is very, very interesting. I’m going to look for a quick fix(not sure if I can find one).