FBX Import on 2.75a giving me errors

I made these objects in Blender to go into our game about a year ago and I don’t know where the originals are which shouldn’t be an issue because I have the FBX… or at least I thought so. I’m getting an error when I try to import the FBX. I would appreciate any help.

Traceback (most recent call last): File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx_init_.py”, line 202, in execute
return import_fbx.load(self, context, **keywords)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py”, line 2295, in load
_(); del _
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py”, line 2294, in _
fbx_item[1] = blen_read_geom(fbx_tmpl, fbx_obj, settings)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py”, line 1148, in blen_read_geom
blen_read_geom_layer_uv(fbx_obj, mesh)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py”, line 973, in blen_read_geom_layer_uv
2, 2, layer_id,
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py”, line 898, in blen_read_geom_array_mapped_polyloop
blen_data, blen_attr, fbx_layer_data, stride, item_size, descr, xform)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py”, line 755, in blen_read_geom_array_setattr
_process(blen_data, blen_attr, fbx_data, xform, item_size, blen_idx, fbx_idx)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75\scripts\addons\io_scene_fbx\import_fbx.py”, line 750, in _process
setattr(blen_data[blen_idx], blen_attr, fbx_data[fbx_idx:fbx_idx + item_size])
ValueError: bpy_struct: item.attr = val: sequences of dimension 0 should contain 2 items, not 0

The FBX version is 7.3 if that helps at all.

The lack of FBX support is forcing me to go back to Maya! This sucks guys. :frowning:

Any info on this error? I am running into the same problem exporting animations. It only effects some of them.

Sorry, my issue is on export.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/Blender/blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.75/scripts/addons/io_scene_fbx/init.py”, line 507, in execute
return export_fbx.save(self, context, **keywords)
File “/Applications/Blender/blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.75/scripts/addons/io_scene_fbx/export_fbx.py”, line 2902, in save
return save_single(operator, context.scene, filepath, **kwargs_mod)
File “/Applications/Blender/blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.75/scripts/addons/io_scene_fbx/export_fbx.py”, line 2656, in save_single
context_bone_anim_mats = [(my_ob.getAnimParRelMatrix(frame), my_ob.getAnimParRelMatrixRot(frame)) for frame in range(act_start, act_end + 1)]
File “/Applications/Blender/blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.75/scripts/addons/io_scene_fbx/export_fbx.py”, line 2656, in <listcomp>
context_bone_anim_mats = [(my_ob.getAnimParRelMatrix(frame), my_ob.getAnimParRelMatrixRot(frame)) for frame in range(act_start, act_end + 1)]
File “/Applications/Blender/blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.75/scripts/addons/io_scene_fbx/export_fbx.py”, line 357, in getAnimParRelMatrix
return (self.parent.getPoseMatrix(frame) * mtx4_z90).inverted() * ((self.getPoseMatrix(frame)) * mtx4_z90)
ValueError: Matrix.invert(ed): matrix does not have an inverse

Mine was never resolved. I had to go back and work in Maya even though the original object was made in Blender. :frowning:

I’m sorry to hear that. I always talk Blender up because it is a great open source software.

I found the issue was that one of the bones I was exporting was scaled to zero - which gave the error. Maybe your importer was facing a similar issue?

This appears to have solve the issue for now.

Cheers,

Andrew