| BGMC 17 | Carlos' Quest

My Game is a Zelda style “problem solving” RPG.
It is about a young man named Carlos who finds himself in a situation that could stand a little water.
Don’t worry that there isn’t a link, I will add it in in a few hours(about 8:00a.m. EST), because it is not fully uploaded yet.

Controls are as follows:
WASD keys to move
Mouse movement or Arrow Keys to adjust camera(press the “left alt” key to switch to Arrow key adjustment)
Left Mouse Button or Enter(Return) Key to Attack
TAB key to pull out or put up sword.
“E” key to interact with specified objects(an indicator will show up to tell you when to press this)
Left Ctrl to “Lock on Target” to an enemy(within a range of about 10 feet of you)
Spacebar to jump(obviously)
ESC to ESCAPE THE GAME(there isn’t a pause feature yet)

The menu is what it is, I hope you like it.

Edit:
Here’s the link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5A_xibdRvJZXFLTkk3N2NyTGc/view?usp=sharing
This is what you do,

1. Download file
  2. Extract files from ZIP file
  3. Go to “Pyrate” folder
  4. Open “Carlos’ Quest.blend”
  5. Start game and follow the Arrows

Controls listed in this file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5A_xibdRvJSW5pZFJlYVJJQUk/view?usp=sharing

There are some collision issues here and there, but you’ll be fine if you stay on the path.
Follow the green arrows to get to the next point, but you have interact with the object they point on your own.

I’m very sorry, but I couldn’t have a standalone player in the file, because it kept losing information vital to the game.(Sensor and Actuators stopped working).

Play the game all the way through…really all the way.

I really hope you enjoy

That’s a pretty big file. I’ll take over 40 minutes to download on my connection. I’ll give it a shot when I get the chance
Edit:
Downloading now…

Edit:
this is taking a while to unzip

Sorry, this is one of the smallest games I’ve made, if that helps…I probably should have replaced the non-alpha .png’s with .jpg’s.

I’m sorry, If this makes it any better, this is one of the smallest games I have made, maybe I should have made all of the non-transparent pngs into jpgs.

Dude, the 2.75 folder is half of the file size, like 134mb.

Okay. The part when you get the big sword is seamless. Pretty cool. But the camera, kill me now, the camera. It’s going through walls like crazy, I think it is inverted? And super sensitive. I would have gone further but I can’t see the monkeys that are killing me

I’m sorry for that, I did make some camera collisions but it is best when you are in the smaller section to rotate the camera upward…
Also please keep going, it just seems like a fire game if you don’t.

There’s some cool ideas here, but I think the game was let down is several key areas, most notably the camera…
I’m also not sure it really needed 500 or so megs for download. I noticed some exported 3ds versions of the bat for example, we don’t need those!

Anyway, good luck with the competition, and I look forward to whatever you make in the future. There’s a lot of potential there, if you can get a working camera system… :smiley:

Did you reach the end? And thanks!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

HERE’S A BIG UPDATE!!!
I had no idea that the textures were lost in some folders.
so here they are,

EDIT: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5A_xibdRvJWFVzellfX25FczA/view?usp=sharing

just…

1. Download zip file
  2. Open the folder where you saved Carlo’s Quest
  3. In the directory where the “Character” and “Pyrate” folders are held(do not open them), copy and paste the two folders in the Fixed zip file.

It shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.

I hope you enjoy!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That kind of works, The main Character looks much better now (actually, I kind of thought he was supposed to be purple…)
But you need to change the layer in the game.blend it’s on the character layer right now, it should be on layer one.

p.s. The camera is still horrible. If you can fix that I think you’ll have a really great game, it’s the only bad thing about the game.

Thanks Smoking Mirror, it has been updated, and the camera collisions on the camera are very rudimentary, maybe it would be better if I had a radar sensor on the front to tell it to move forward, and not just the back.