BGMC 17 | Jet Ski Racing

Well, here it is!
Hopefully it runs at a decent framerate (I get about 8FPS on my incredibly low-end laptop)

Screenshot n stuff

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ig56g9cbf2vuqti/JetSki%20Racing.blend?dl=0

Few heads up:
-May not work in 2.72 +, (didn’t work for me) tested/made in 2.71
-Starting it from the menu scene may cause this:

Let me know how it runs, any comments are appreciated!
Thanks!

Great game!
Loads of little fun things to spot on the way round the track. I especially love this guy:

Everything looks great on blender 2.75a, the water shader and everything worked fine.

But, apparently “I lose” even though I came first… Maybe a bug there. Do you have to go over every ramp? I skipped a few.

Although game is running smoothly, stable 60 FPS, the camera shakes, moves like it would have less FPS. Like scene would be 60 FPS, but camera 10 FPS. What’s the thing? It makes the gameplay not as fun…

@Adrians: Could be the dampning on the camera? I played around with it for a bit, though at my 8fps I couldnt see a difference.

@SmokingMirror: That’s very possible, my test session was very brief, haven’t tried doing all 3 laps (used the cube on layer 2 and moved the lap counter plane to test it)

Also, haven 't mentioned it before, but there IS a monster easter egg… well, actually there are two. See if you can find em!

In 2.75a when I start from main menu, I get the image you shown up there(all gets the shader, not just water).

runs very fine on dual core 2.3 ghz low end pc, 2.74 ubuntu. feels like good old nintendo days. camera is weird feels somewhat broken mechanics. jumpramps need texture or at least some wood normals. one of the best games so far.

edit: i have placed the camera behind the player and parented it at the jetski. activated slow parent with an offset of 65. works much better.

You can also improve the text by adding the following code to a one time always pulse on the text object:

import bge
cont = bge.logic.getCurrentController()
own = cont.owner
own.resolution = 8

The shader works fine on my computer.

Really cool game.:slight_smile: It runs well on my Asus Republic of gamers. Will try it later on my pentium P6-100. I didn’t find anything wrong with the controls or camera. :slight_smile:

Great game , good job!.. running it well … the water is fantastic.

hahaha lol

Ok, I see the camera shaking but not a big problem for me.

But, apparently “I lose” even though I came first… Maybe a bug there. Do you have to go over every ramp? I skipped a few.

You all probably know this, but to get the “win” scene to work, just select the lap counter plane,(lapcounter.001) and change AI property “laps” to equal player property “laps”. Both should equal 4.
I also ended the object (lapcounter.001) if AI property collided with the lapcounter plane first and property “laps” equal 4.

It’s alot of fun. :slight_smile:

@theoldguy Thanks,now I can win:)

So there are 2 holes in the stands on either side of the finish line that allowed me to do 3 laps in one minute… I lost anyways…
:no:

So much positive feedback, thanks everyone! :slight_smile:
Gonna go ahead and fix the lap counter and camera, hopefully it’s not too late.

@Cam.Dudes:
Invisible walls was on my to-do list, though I ran out of time.

So, in my first post I mentioned it didn’t work for me in 2.72,
well here’s what I meant:

Decided to test the win/lose condition by using your method, just did the 3 laps and I got the “You Win” overlay…
it works for me?

Do you have to have the other people behind you to win? They just passed the line on their first lap when I crossed.

Nope, quite a complicated method, I used integers, if if you’re on the last lap it sets the property to 3, if they cross the line on 3, it assigns it to 4. If you cross at 4, you get the lose overlay.

Not sure what’s going on… it’s majorly flawed, I know.

Good game! I love the water! It is wicked!

Can’t stop playing this game. Tho, the shaders/colors have gone crazy on my PC. Still fun. :slight_smile:

@MasterBlaster: All credit for the water goes towards Martinsh, for without him my water would have been a solid blue plane.

@theoldguy: Glad you like it! :slight_smile:
The water shader is rather glitchy, it works when it wants I guess!