A big congrats to sepultura for a epic image

A BIG CONGRATS TO SEPULTURA FOR A EPIC IMAGE OF THE DARK PORTAL THEY ARE USING IT AROUND THE INTERNET FOR THE MOVIE OF WORLD OF WARCRAFT

HERE THE LINK WHERE I FOUND IT http://www.gamereactor.eu/images/?textid=330474&id=1502974

Wouaaw really . this is awesome ! Congrats to him !

That’s a fan-made poster, afaik.

Did they at least have his permission or did they just take the image without regard to copyright?

No idea who made it. I can’t find any evidence it’s official though. I’ve found quite a few articles with official posters and this wasn’t one of them.

Also, licensing (or stealing) someone’s personal project for a blockbuster movie poster is a bit unusual. Why not make something using the actual actors/assets/artwork for the film, that you already have tons of?

Did you check the link below?

So some random website is reporting that it’s an official poster…must be legit. It’s a $100+ million dollar movie and Blizzard is helping in production…trust me, they’ll use their own original art.

If I was the author of the above image, I’d be pissed and ask them to take it down.

It’s listed on warcraft-themovie.com as a fan made poster here: http://www.warcraft-themovie.com/fan-made-warcraft-movie-posters/#comments

The user name attributed is Kelson who doesn’t seem to be Seplutura.

isn’t sepultura an older spanish(correct me here…I know not from spain) heavy metal band?

Brazilian.

Hey, thanks for spotting this, guys!

Also, special thanks to @Rafael/PR and @KettleFish for warning me via P.M about it, blender community is by far the best! <3

Yeah, I’ve seen they using this poster in lots of places, some even claiming to be the real one;

What bothers me is that this guy just took my render and put there, with a big crop that’s even not meant to be there (It wasn’t rendered to be cropped with that much zoom) degrading way much the original render quality, and forgot to at least share a beer with me for all the exposure he had. Duncan Jones posted it on their twitter, praising him for the work, and he yet didn’t credited anyone besides he! but it’s alright, life it’s supposed to be like this, isn’t? :smiley:

But I really don’t have time to claim anything right now, I’m very busy with work lately, working with 3D it’s already enough trouble to solve for a single mind hahah :confused:

Anyway! for anyone wanting to see more about it, I did a making of article for Blendernation that can be found there:

Thank you all, guys
Cheers!

Haven’t seen the image before, but it’s really awesome. I love the breakdown page, and how ridiculously different the raw output is transferred into something magical in post :slight_smile: Some of us (incl myself) are usually trying too hard with the render itself, pretty much ignoring what can actually be accomplished in post.

Bloody hell, you make it look so easy when you break it down like that. Yet, if you asked me to recreate this tomorrow, I doubt i’d get past the first hurdle. Great work.

Great work, Sepultura! Also, the behind the scenes stuff is always inspiring and helpful.