[BGMC17]Golden Reel Fishing(v0.1-alpha)

I decided to simplify the game compared to starting plans a lot. You can fish, buy baits etc., but other stuff not like that… Theoretically game has logic for 15 baits, 4 rods and 4 reels, but I didn’t have time to implement them:(
However, here is a download:)
Golden Reel Fishing [Google Drive]
Mirror 1[Dropbox]

Have a fun and try to catch the “easter egg” ising the 4th bait(the freen worm):slight_smile:
Thanks everybody who helped me, I wanna say special thanks to bishop for theese 2 lovely fishes and Genome36 for learning me how to improve game infrastructure very imressively:)
Thanks!
P.S. I am really sorry that file is that large. I hope you wont get bored while downloading all of theese huge textures, shaders and scripts:)

Great job Adrian! , you’ve done quite a lot of progress since last BGMC .Keep up!!

Thanks! If you notice any bug(even if it helps player, it makes game nut such interesting) than you must tell it here. I am not sure if all works:
-Saving
-Baits
-If line tension full, loose fish
-If not enaugh money, can’t buy bait
etc.

If something is wrong for you, please, tell it here.
Easter egg thingies are heavy and require a lot of skill to catch.

I can not download and play now:( because for me now Google Drive is practically unavailable ,because now I have a slow connection , if you have Dropbox could 're not there to give me the runs acceptably, If not, does not matter:)

I will upload for dropbox too;) For me the GDrive is faster than Dropbox though…

OK! I noticed that I had more than 100 useless MB in file. Will reupload now, links remain, just update…

hey looks great :slight_smile: i dont know why but the Mouselook doesnt work for me… which version of Blender do you use?

That’s good. :smiley: over 200 megs is pretty big.

I like the game, I’m not really a fan of fishing myself, but it seems to capture the authentic spirit of sitting around waiting for a fish.
I’d have liked it if I could get the float to cast further out, it’s been a while since I did any fishing, but I seem to remember the best place if out where the fish can’t see or hear you.

Anyway, it looks great, a really beautiful countryside scene.

I use 2.75a. It may not work as good in other versions or if you have too low specs(for some games, like BGMC17 labyrinth of death, mouselook doesn’t work for me too due to low framerates. Try running in lower screen resolution or, if possible, a better computer. However, this game runs 30 FPS on GeForce GT 610 that means it shouldn’t be such bad on other cards.

@Smoking_mirror, thanks! Good to hear that you liked it. Well the distance can be easily edited. By the way - did you catch the easter egg?:slight_smile:
I am fixing bugs now(tension) and I’ve got 2 questions:
*Do you want me to increase throw distance?
*Do you think I am allowed to add one if/else sensor and 4 text objects in bait choise bucket so that you unlock the baits only at exact level? This is not needed and if you think this is illegal feature now as it is already over, than I won’t worry. However, I’d have implemented this yesterday if I wouldn’t been such tired.

Really nice graphics, except for an edge flash thingy, just to the right of the dock. Makes me want to get out and go fishing. I got bored quick though. There should be the option of catching that elusive lunker, like the muskellunge ( the fish of a thousand casts) ( I caught a small one once a long time ago in the St. Lawrence River. Pure luck)
Or would that be the easter egg?

Does the pole bend? haven’t caught a big fish yet. Should be some type of a bend in the fishing rod, (maybe add an armature) the larger fish would bend the pole more.

And I would have liked some way to cast the bait further.

Still a very nice game for the time you had. Very well done :slight_smile:

OK! I am going to post a polished version with increased throw distance, multiple level requirements for each bait and tension fix.
The edge flashy thing is blender mipmaps bug and requires either blender to be patches or mipmaps to be disabled…

OK! Fixed bug now, improved throw distance and added one if/else statement for bait buy so that levels actually make sense. Now bread is level 1, earthworm is level 4, fly is level 9, but the last, very effecient bait that allows to fish the easter egg needs level 16. Have a fun fishing!:slight_smile:
Actually I feel glad myself that I’ve done so much in this BGMC comparing to others:)

OK, good job. Now stop adding stuff before you get carried away! :stuck_out_tongue:
Which is the final version you want to include in the pack? I want to make sure everyone gets the best version of their game as last time BPR had an older version included and wasn’t very happy about it. Point to the newest version and I’ll include that.

Simulation of Fishing…It is not easy , you did a lot of work , excellent!
Optimizing the size to 55 megabytes , good:)
Yeah, thanks for that Dropbox:)

@Smoking_mirror, both the links at thread top currently point to bugfixed version of game(where a bug with tension was fixed). Just download one of them;)

I enjoyed this game and thought the leveling system was great, however I accidentally launched into the ground and sort of got stuck. A very cool game though, I like the patience aspect that is also needed for real fishing. Also the graphics look very good.

Thanks. Yes- throwing into ground is bad thing - there is a lot of grass, dirt and other substances where hook easily gets stuck. In this case you must leave the game and enter it again;) The patience is needed for developing games too - that’s why I think that this game is easier played for fishermen and this community:D