BGMC17 | Crocodile Creek

Hi all, I started late…about a three days of work on it…:slight_smile: But well , I enjoyed development:D
My game is a simple FPS , where the player rides on the small creek somewhere in the jungle and must survive the attack of bloodthirsty crocodiles.
…some would like to improve but still good:)

Multitexture shading-short gameplay time-lowpoly
Created in Blender v2.69 and 2.70
Textures-Gimp
for audio editing was used Audacity
free sounds from http://soundbible.com/

Download blend 7.9MB https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o7zgh0mgiy9lbc/CrocodileCreek.blend?dl=0

Attachments

i cannot find the download

edit: because you will upload it later. reading exactly what is written saves time.

Good job, Bishop!

Thank you Adrian!

Yes, I have a slow connection now:D , and Google Disk is realy slow to me , I give it to Dropbox:)

Difficulty settings for Blender users , if someone thought that it is too easy :smiley:

Attachments

The game is fine, easy to play. It is not big, but ambience is good. If it would have more levels, it’d be even twice better:)

Thanks, Yes ,it’s work of three days…no visual bomb:D quality PS1 , it still might I improve later and add more levels,maybe:)

the crocs are very fast there i die after everytime after croc 4 ^^ maby need a crosshair but its ok :slight_smile:

It’s a lot of fun, but I’m just not fast enough to kill those crocks. Graphics could be better, but still a very cool game. I don’t know how you guys can do this in a week. :slight_smile:

@JamNeil Thanks,
cross could be , yes, but not much need:)
Maybe I could have chosen a different weapon , a semiautomatic rifle
because the sound of a shotgun at a faster shooting does not sounds good:eyebrowlift2:
@theoldguy
Thank you! I had only three days:D because I decided at the last minute to attend and I got the idea for this.
Yeah, must shoot quickly enough:D

A great little game!
I don’t think the gun sound worked, or if there was any sound of the crocodiles. That would have made it much more atmospheric, having them growling behind you…

Anyway, nice environment, great, characterful models and a nice simple game.
Good luck!

Awesome game, the simplicity of it was great. Perhaps as improvements you could add a you win lose screen along with additional foliage at the start/end of the river. Also syncing the shotgun animation with the firing could be useful (loop stop).

@Smoking_mirror
@Thatimster
Thanks a lot!! :), Yeah, shotgun and sound not working best at fast shooting, I had to choose some other weapon… a semiautomatic rifle with faster shooting and better audio synchronization.
Maybe I improve it even more , and upload later improved version.:slight_smile:

This is one of those games that would work as a forever time of game, just keep the crocodiles coming more and more. A “highscore game”. It’s over so quick.

deeempa89 is right - you can make it infinite(just spawn the terrain and water forward, together with corcodiles using procedural script and despawn anything that is far behind you. And count score. Add different areas(e.g. caves, etc.) when you get exact scores, maybe even change enemies to less noticeable or stronger ones. Count high score and save it. You have chance now to make a nice game that everyone can enjoy in spare time:)

change enemies to less noticeable

only eyes and nostrils in the water. how about obstacles. your partner jumps into the water to get rid of a tree in the water and you have to kill gators that try to eat him

Some crocs play dead?
Some can fly?
Some have machine guns? :stuck_out_tongue:

You could have spent more time working on the crocs. Now they are just something like a sausage with arms and legs attached to it. but the game game looks nice!

Thanks to all for good and funny:) ideas
When the more time I plan to make an improved version of Crocodile creek 2.