BGMC 17 | Scorched

The world was burned and few remain… and those who do remain must fight for water and survival. Unfortunately the state of the world literally does not allow for survival so therefore you must live as long as possible.

(Helpful tips- I didn’t mention in the tutorial to press shift to run, and also press R to restart)

I hope you enjoy SCORCHED
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7YN1w1IyXTMMjVYa1pNdkNTX1U/view?usp=sharing

My personal survival record is 300 seconds (but that was not really trying- I feel like I could survive longer if I really tried)

Thanks for all of the help and support and I hope everyone likes the game.

All comments are appreciated (good or bad)

Fredstash

P.S. I hope it runs well- on my computer it runs pretty consistently at 60Fps with a couple drops to 40Fps when I first start)

Hi Fred, the game looks great, but there’s a bug in Blender 2.75 which crashes the game (it exits to desktop without any errors) if you use character type physics so I can’t get it to play.

I tried to turn all the characters to dynamic type physics but maybe I missed one because it still crashes.

Used 2.74 to play. It ran smooth on my PC. Graphics are pretty bad, but that’s OK. I found that you can drink from the jug of water even after you have already drank from it. Maybe should have replaced the mesh with a empty jug of water. I found it hard to kill the enemy, actually, I haven’t killed one yet. but it’s a cool game, I really like it.

I will search and change them all to dynamic (fun job). but that causes some bugs also that is why it was originally character type. and plus did you drink from the jug until it disappeared- I have never had any major issues (I will check it out also).

Ahhh, no I didn’t, I will try it, I thought I saw the meter stop moving and left. LOL Will try again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7YN1w1IyXTMTzJKUXNxWkJLZHM/view?usp=sharing here is the new .blend, I added the empty jug (btw Replace mesh would not come up with anything with the name empty in it, so I just used add object).
I don’t know if I fixed all of the characters I can’t really tell ( because mine works fine with character meshes).

some ways to fight enemies- jump on their heads (it messes up their seek actuator) press and hold mouse button, don’t click a lot. even more advanced, back away because your knife reaches farther than their knife (at least the hooded character, farmers have a terrible hit point, soldiers have the longest range)- hopefully this helps.

Thanks for all of the health

Fredstash

edit: I made all of the enemies hard, so that the idea of sneaking and stealing water sounds feasible also.

OK, it works now. Thanks!
Yeah, those guys are pretty hard. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope they are not impossible… that makes the game less fun.

Cool game, the concept is great and I like how you lose water when you get stabbed.