Sad Sub

I made another animation based on David Ward’s Blender tutorial. This is the first time I used two characters in a scene.

Pretty good.

Thanks. There’s a lot I’d fix, but I don’t have the skills. Blender on!

It looks cool. Yet, I think that I hear the sound a split second before his lips move. Sound travels slower than light, so we always see the movements before we hear them. Its not always obvious, so oftentimes it looks like they are in sync. Even having the visuals 1 frame ahead of the sound will help things to look better.

Another thing that I would suggest is in the scene with both subs, you should reverse that. The blue male sub is facing left, and exists screen left. The next shot, he is entering in from the opposite direction. This is throws the viewer off really badly. I would just flip that shot in the video editor, and re Upload the fixed video. Easy fix.

The model turned out great by the way!

The voice-over got messed up after I added the intro, and I couldn’t get it back. But I should have worked harder at doing that. I’ll keep in mind what you said about light. I’m not getting what you mean about the sub exiting and reentering the scene. He exits left and reenters left.

There is something about the model that I am not happy with, but apparently you didn’t notice it.

That is the problem. He turns left, because that is where the girl sub is. the next shot he should continue moving left (making him enter in from the right always going left) the girl was facing right. She needs to continue facing right. The way you currently have it, has the camera do a 180 in between shots.

Oh, now I see what your mean. I don’t think I can fix it in the video editor. It’s one single strip. Do you mean cutting the re-enter part out (with k) scene and flipping it in the VSE?

I’m fairly new to animating so I have nothing to say in regards to your animations, but if you’re interested in cleaning up your audio I recommend getting a pop filter to negate the harsh p and b sounds you hear in the audio. A pop filter is basically a screen you put between yourself and the mic to prevent the air from your mouth coming directly in contact with your mic. If you want more info on the subject C-Threep nails it rather well here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUkB9rukJSk

I haven’t really used the blender VSE, so I don’t know. But yeah, I would cut out that segment, and flip it. I would be surprised if there wasn’t an option to do that.

Do you mean like this? I just added another strip from my pngs of the video. Then I flipped it.

Oopsie Daisy!

awesome, great animation… how long did this take?

Thanks. Several weeks. What I liked was the rendering was pretty quick (unlike the animation I’m rendering now).