Kick Animation

Hey! i’m new to the community :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanted to share an animation i just made… nothing fancy, just a Simple, Short, Kick (i love fighting animations. but making a complete one is gonna take me a lot of time)
Model from Blendswap, credits to Chagas1983

Critics are appreciated a lot!
Tell me what you think.

It looks like the weight is good. I’m a little confused on the poses though. Is he some sort of loose martial artist? When he puts feet down, his right hand stays in the same position throughout the rest of the animation. I think it would look good to rotate it a bit more. Also, it looks a bit weird when he moves both arms down at the same time after his kick, and then the video ends. It looks like he could be going back into his fighting stance. If so, its not as clear as it could be. If that is the case, I would start the animation more in his fighting stance, then do the kick, and then go back into his same fighting stance. Maybe even loop it. One thing that can help with showing animation for critique is having the camera be stationary. Its a bit hard to analyze when the camera moves.

I like the flow, and The weight is convincing. He’s nice and bouncy aswell. One thing I thought was that the kick doesn’t look super powerful, like it wouldn’t do much. Although, I love the animation and would love to see more

dont twist shoulder that much, left shoulder looks broken. try to keep your head on target. when character comes back after kick, his spine is unnatural twisted. anything else works good :smiley: maybe hips goes to fast while kick is in a start pose ;]

Thanks to all of you, guys! i didn’t realize i had feedback, lol. I’ll post another one soon, and i’m paying attention to all your comments.
My main problem, is that all my attacks are light ones, i wanted to make a hard/heavy kick! i’ll try to do an aerial one next time! cya!