' The Clouds' Focused Critiques

‘The Clouds’ is a simple thing I made in a couple of days. Please let me know what I could improve and if you like it at all!

I like the clouds. it also looks like you have some atmosphere in there or is that my mind playing tricks on me?

Things I think would improve this:

• what is the meaning? I don’t get a clear meaning from this picture. I would recommend adding or changing things up to make a clear meaning. I see clouds floating on a theater stage with a spotlight on them. I’m not making any connections, but maybe its just me.

• the curtain material doesn’t seem quite right to me. I would work on that, maybe add a nice semi-glossy trim along the edges or something as well?

Best,

The clouds looks nice, the background make them look like cotton clouds for a puppet show.

However everything looks really blurry for some reason, for me its hard to focus on the clouds i keep getting distracted by the front curtains, and when i look on them and quickly start to refocus on the cloud the image becomes blurred out (might be because i’m getting tired :confused: ).

It’s very nice. I like the bottom two smaller clouds a lot. But the big one on top one seems to be rather straight along the bottom and on the side; it might be nicer if the edge were fluffier there. I think I’d like it better if the clouds were bigger, or maybe just if the picture has a different aspect ratio so there’s more cloud and less curtain. (I assume clouds are the main point since you called it “The Clouds”…)

Thanks for the tips guys, i’ll work on it today.

jjfattz got me thinking about a meaning behind this picture, and that got me thinking…

What if the audience consisted of people who commented sarcastically as they walked in, “Ler’s see what the weather does today, shall we?” They expect a comedy show to come from the clouds. Weather is a funny thing.

I don’t know if that helps, but that’s the meaning I interpreted when I saw this. Maybe the clouds are supposed to be rectangular because its just a play?

I agree on the blurry part, It makes the eyes feel tired after a bit of looking.
I really liked the clouds, but I feel that the base of the one of the top seems kinda sqared, a bit unnatural compared with the others.
Hope to see more of it :slight_smile: .