Fun with Renoir

This is my first submission of blender output.
Just messing about with a Renoir painting and creating some rough animations.
Finding it quite tough to get realistic movement which is partly why I ended up with the movements I did (i.e. slightly comical I guess) but I did use shape keys and rigging would be a better way forward.
Also, the back 2 characters are just 2d meshes.

In case you get bored watching it, something does happen around 45s in!

I like the movement in the trees. How did you do that?

The leaf movement was done using particles in front of the plane which contains the painting using a group of 3 leaves extracted from the tree.
I then used hair dynamics which seemed to do the trick. I had to vary the force fields using a noise modifier in the f-curve editor to modify the strength. This kept the leaves moving. Without the noise modifier the leaves moved for a 100 frames or so and then stayed static.
There may be better ways to achieve this but It did the job.

I like the concept. Was it your own idea? For a better effect, I would have had maybe one second at the beginning with no movement.

There was an artist who did a similar thing with some van gogh paintings. Here is the link to that video:

My original plan was to see if a few simple brush strokes could be used to give the impression of a person in 3d and so I though i would use a skilled painter’s work rather than my own limited attempts at least to start with. Its got a long way to go. I got side tracked having a bit of fun with it instead.