Splash screen for upcoming version 2.76

As Ton has been already said about new splash screen for upcoming RC, that’s why I’m still ready to saying it will be a lot of awesome projects. I can say my ideas for it. As we still has not ArchViz projects for splash screens so we can do it for upcoming release. Anyway, what do you think for my themes of the splash screen for version v2.76 of the Blender?. Architectural vizualization;. Pixar-like-style cartoonish image (this is done in previous versions);. Naturalizm;. Abstracted;. Fantasy;. Product vizualization.Moreover, I like “Naturalizm”. Because, this theme will most hard part of the realizm. And yeah, its real concept art. But, it just my opinion. What do you think about it? And especially, what do you think about it, Ton? :smiley:

Moved from “Latest News” to “Blender and CG Discussions”

Yay
new blender version
WOO WOO WOO WOO

Arch viz
Please arch viz.

But we all know what we are going to get,
more gooseberry teasers

Don’t get me wrong, I am still looking forward to the cosmos laundromat but still…

Naturalizm

Actually, no. “We” don’t know that.

Let’s pollute: Smoke + fire! To support KWD for his patch :wink:

how about a mix of everything? Just joking.

@Fweeb
Fair enough

Im down with that xD

How bout an ingame screenshot of a BGE project? There are many talented BGE designers out there.

how about homages to external libs making their way into blendaaar.

2.76 maybe something cool NPR using freestyle, still waiting for that splash.
2.77 Something pixary OpenSubDiv, cute.

2.78 gonna be huge release, hopefully … a viewport PBR splash & BGE related :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still interested if Blender team will include animation-based splash screen when we run the executable. Some new cool stuff would be awesome:)

On the blog, Ton mentionned the 2.76 release is the last one for a whole year (until 2.8) , with just maintenance release in between in case things are broken.

Just like for 2.5, the proposal would be to take a bigger leap to a bigger release by not releasing for a year. The 2.76 release then would be the last ‘real’ version we do until 2.80 somewhere in 2016.

Has this changed ?

@Sanctuary I don’t think it has changed at all.

It’s hard for some to contain their excitement about future enhancements. :slight_smile:

As I read the blog post the official release would be a year or so but Ton leaves the door open for completed projects to be “released” as they are deemed ready in point updates.

Ton:
“Obviously, for the crucial fixes and smaller (stable) features we can do update releases 2.77, 2.78 and 2.79.”

I tried nominating one of those for a previous splash, Ton said it looked too technical, so better make sure it’s a very creative archviz shot.

Yeah, its true. That’s why I selected theme like “Naturalizm is my brush”. If Ton said it, so, I’d like to exist ArchViz theme from my themes for SS (splash screen). And finally, what do you think if we will select theme named as “Naturalizm is my brush”? If it will get a lot of free-choices, that it will open to starting making “super-duper” stuff for the theme. :slight_smile:

There are still not selected any theme…

My guess is that things are little bit busy with SIGGRAPH.

Hope you are enjoying Siggraph. It was beyond my budget this year.

How about 3D printed objects, blender seams to get pretty popular in this area.

Or something about the cycles advancements (who will be in that version)