Teacups

Hi everyone !

Here is the new image I’ve been working on for some time now.

I would really appreciate some feedback from you guys on BlenderArtists :smiley:

All 3D as done in Blender, and rendered in Cycles.
Post-production was done in After Effects. (except for Depth of Field which was done in the Blender compositor)
Sorry for open-source :o

Textures from various sites incluinding CGTextures, Wikipedia, Pixabay, Depositphotos, freegoodiesfordesigners.blogspot.se and others. Also some texture work was done in Photoshop.

Oh and you got to ZOOM IN to see some enjoyable detail ! (the image is quite high res :cool:)

Original png link : http://orig11.deviantart.net/f612/f/2015/214/4/b/teacups_by_lcq92-d93x1vp.png

Happy blending to all of you !
Lcq92

Attachments

Now that’s lovely; I don’t understand the meaning of the scene but it’s haunting. Nice shaders and colors!

Really, Haunting?
I didn’t know people would get scared of a bunch of cups on top of each other.

Beautiful render.

The flame on the candle looks a bit thin, mind turning up the oxygen a bit.
The rope holding the cups should be a bit tight, its quite loose.

Looks good overall.

Absolutely lovely! Congrats on a wonderful scene!

Fantastic execution, composition, and color harmony. :slight_smile:

If I am to nitpick though, it would look better to have the strings/rope tighter. Also, be careful with using the voronoi cells as displacement, they can look generic (basing this from the HD render).

Overall, wonderful piece!

Reyn

Love it. Great rendering. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot ! And yes, I’m blessed you find it haunting, since it’s kind of meant to be, in a way… (how does the whole thing hold still like this ? And the cups look old and abandoned BUT a candle was just lit up… hehe)

Thanks for the feedback. I’m probably not editing this piece anymore, but you are certainly right.
Yeah, sure I’ve made the rope too loose (might be an illusion actually because if I recall correctly it is quite tight on the back of the model) but maybe it adds more mystery ? Naa, just trying to convince myself it doesn’t need a re-render :slight_smile:

Thank you thank you, really !!

Thank you, so MUCH, Reyn !

Means so much to get such a wonderful reply from you ! By the way I think it was partly one of your pieces (this one : http://www.reynantemartinez.com/hope.html) that made be enjoy, and want to create, a ‘rusty’ look.
Whatever.

Yeah, again, I agree for the ropes. And I too, am not so convinced of the voronoi on this :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot !

Just posting some screnshots of the scene in Blender, because I just got access to my files again.

As you can see, the light set up is very messy. I was just continuously adding planes (emitting colors, or images) to see if it added to the reflections on the teacups.

What the scene looks like from the exterior :

(hehe, very messy, I still even have the curtains I had made at the very beginning, as I was going for a shot with a nice room in the background… changed my mind and went for a more painting-like composition :))

Btw if anyone has any questions, I’ll be happy to answer it !!

very nice work congrat for this result :slight_smile:

Amazing scene! Congrats.

Keep it up man … nice color and composition … i just love it …

Thanks a lot!

Thank you!

Thanks man! (I love the characters you create btw)

I think it is a nice painting. But it is some blur for me.