How to cut a tree with modifiers and color it? Dynamic Paint? Boolean? Cloth? Lattice

Hi. I failed to do it with other modifiers, all of them not working properly for some reason, so i did it with dynamic paint, after subdividing a tree and after making axe as a brush and tree as a canvas ( and choosing surface type - displace) i have done with tree cutting.

But now is a problem. I was going to use dynamic paint not only to Cut but also to Paint the inner part of the tree when my axe touching it, so tree from inside would be the yellowish color of sawdust, wood chips but i cannot. Maybe because i am in Cycles, so there is no way to switch to Blender Render now. So can i color it somehaw, maybe not neccesarilly by using dynamic paint, maybe another modifier?

I am eventually found out how to use my axe to color simple material - diffuse, by using attribute node in node editor, but i cannot find the way how to combine attribute node with image texture?

LOOK, DIFFUSE WITH ATTRIBUTE RENDERING VERY WELL, YOU CAN SEE BLUE COLOR WHERE CUT WAS

BUT HERE I WAS TRYING TO COMBINE ATTRIBUTE WITH TEXTURE. NO BLUE COLOR IN RENDER. WHAT I HAVE DONE WRONG?