BoolTool with topology

looking forward to this tool

The author said that to achieve this resutado just follow these steps
↓↓ ↓↓
Here modefiers list for cube (in last vid)

and here for hand

This is nice !

The results are astoundingly nice, if only we could see this hardcoded into the existing boolean modifier with a parameter for the bevel width and an auto-created vertex color channel for material blending :slight_smile:

Mesh Fusion for Blender?

To bad makehuman would not let you modify it’s models with this.

My +1 to this

This looks amazing! Does anybody has more information about this project?

Want. Now.

Very nice indeed! :yes:

interesting, very impressive :slight_smile:

I would like to have this in blender

Whoa!!! I was impressed by the original video because it looks like mesh fusion but in real-time… But this one is crazy! I had no idea you could even do this kind of thing.

WOOOO!!! super promising!

take a look at the Maya version of the tool.

Really awesome stuff! Booleans in Blender desperately need some love. I’d like some more info on the project if anyone knows more about it.

I don’t understand… is this how the bool tool looks now? Is it a preview of a new version?

Oh, I get it.

there is a new video out

seems like the remesh modifier is taking part of the magical process :wink:

I did some test and the remesh modifier change the whole topology of the mesh while moving around the different objects. In this video the only part of the topology that change is the one immediately around the contact area… I am missing something.

If there’s an use of the remesh modifier, i wonder what kind of magic they’re using along with it, as the remesh modifer is very bad for when you want an usable topology as it makes crappy losanges-based topology everywhere when a mesh has any kind of even slight curvature or rounding and/or is not made of a simple cube.
While in the video you don’t see any of that topology horror the remesh modifier does

Anyways, video is impressive.

date with the necessary steps

Amazing…! I hope to see this in trunk sometime :slight_smile:

EDIT:
I just tried the updated process in the first post but I don’t get the same clean results. Is good to see someone came up with a way to get almost good topology with a bunch of modifiers combined but it is still a little bit unpredictable.

I’ll keep testing anyway, this looks promising!