Watch

Hey,
I’ve been working on this watch lately and as this is my first real finished project in blender, I would love to hear some critique! :slight_smile:

Attachments

Nice! and it is very good for a first project :slight_smile: the materials look realistic. Incidentally, I’ve made a watch myself recently and I wanted to know how you rigged the straps. Did you use curve modifier?

Thank you!
Yes I modeled one segment (a thin and a thick one) after that I just used the array modifier and a curve modifier to clone it on the path!

I can’t tell if it’s missing a face cover or if it’s just too flat. If you have one there, you would have a little bit of a rounded edge, which would pick up some highlight reflections. Also, that knob seems a little out of place. I can’t tell if it’s because it’s missing a texture, or if it’s because it’s made to look like plastic, but it doesn’t look like it fits in with the watch. Otherwise, this looks like a great job.

Not too sure if this looks better, I made the top of the glass a bit round and I change the material to something more glossy and reflective:

And here an AO render, for reasons! :smiley:

Did you put an image texture for the dials or did you make that within blender?

I used an image texture as mask between 2 materials and of course as bump map!

[video]https://youtu.be/hKiBJ4YvAwU[/video]
Just a little commercial for my watch : D

Great job!

the dial looks very sharp… id would not want to touch it