Bitcoin Blender Rendering Service

Hello Blender Artists Forum! I’m offering a Blender rendering service :slight_smile:

I will render your Blender project for 0.003/hour BTC

The Blender project must be setup and ready to render (I will not do it for you) & the output path must be set to /tmp/

Here is the server specs:

Two Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz (http://ark.intel.com/products/81705/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2650-v3-25M-Cache-2_30-GHz)
Raw “cpuinfo” output (last section)

processor       : 39
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 63
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
stepping        : 2
microcode       : 45
cpu MHz         : 2299.942
cache size      : 25600 KB
physical id     : 1
siblings        : 20
core id         : 12
cpu cores       : 10
apicid          : 57
initial apicid  : 57
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 15
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 fma cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid dca sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm abm arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid
bogomips        : 4599.33
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

64GB DDR4 RAM

Two 750W PSUs

You will get 100% of the server’s resources and all hardware is dedicated.

Sample:

Project must be rendered on CPU, not GPU.

You will pay once the job is complete

Contact me to get started :slight_smile:

Welcome to the BA forums. Great to see your first post being a business offering with very little or no thought given to it :slight_smile: . I wish you the best of luck with your business, but you reek of someone once again trying to make a quick buck of the blender community to help pay off their own debts.

Just a few questions in case this is legit: How many of these servers do you have in operation? Is this a rendering farm or just a single server? Where is a link to your company’s site for more information? What interface, project management system are you using to upload files and receive the finished files. How old are you? (I am getting the impression you are quite young)

I imagine you would not expect less than 100% usage of your server if it is just one. I am sorry if I am wrong, but it really seems like you are hoping to get the community to cover the costs for your personal server here. I hope I am wrong.

I wish that people would establish some cred or put in some contact info before they would make posts like this. But I have to be carful, If I mention what I found in ten minutes of investigation work that gives me concern, People will call me a bad person.

+1. But I think posts like this should at least have the moderators have a look to decide whether or not this post should get in on merits of a first post.

I honestly think if someone wishes to offer a service to the community, good on them. They should be at least given the time of day. But without any legitimate info, no replies to questions asked, and no real credentials such as a website showing ones objectives than they should be flagged and removed from the forum.

I am not sure why you would be called a bad person.

Two things here.

1). There’s already a number of rendering services that are available for Blender users, what makes yours stand out?
2). Why Bitcoin (the choice currency for black market trading and organized crime)? I also think the Mt. Gox fiasco is still having a negative effect on the network of trust surrounding it.

I would be ecstatic for a linked-in as far as cred goes, Maybe links to their portfolio or some wip, proof of concept. It gets tedious seeing all these first time posters with this neat idea,

And I get it for the kids who post their neat idea about making a game. Its one of those trials and rites of passage. I’m sure quite a few of us did the same thing then grew up. Although Some of these first time posters have content that begs some distasteful questions. Who at best are misguided and idealistic, And on a few occasions Some of them should truly know better
Although an image search turned up this