Share a Coke with ARMA

A tribute to Coca-Cola’s “Share a Coke” Campaign that was in Ethiopia a few months back. But this was really an experimental project to test our studio pipeline for producing similar Product animation and pack shots.

Music by: Chocolate Puma & Firebeatz - I Can’t Understand (Original Mix)
Executive Producer: ARMA
Creative Direction/CGI Lead: Michael Berhanu
Art Direction/Look Development: Eyoeal Kefyalew
Rendering TD/Label Design: Semegn Tadesse

Software: Blender 2.74, Realflow 2014, After Effects CC, Photoshop CC

One of the biggest we faced was finding an integration between Realflow, arguable the best fluid simulation software out there, and our native Blender which we use for day-to-day productions. Sadly Realflow doesn’t come with a plug-in for Blender that allows the import or export of digital assets. We searched the web for any alternatives, we found a few, but most were outdated. There are rumors of that Blender will soon support the Alembic format, that will fix this issue.

What we actually ended up doing is importing all meshes from Realflow to Blender, turn by turn, and animated the Render Visibilty of the meshes, so only one frame of fluid is visible at a given frame. Not the most effective use of memory, some .blend files were as big as 1.4GB. It worked for this case though.

Thanks for watching!

Some stills:

Some screenshots:

perfect…

Very well executed, nice fluidsim, and amazing rendering quality.
Good luck with your studio, do you have a website or twitter account ?

great job, looks fantasic

Really good, well done !

Like you I hope will have import/export alembic as soon as possible !

I think you can share your video to Ton and Ask him for alembic, it’s a nice demonstration that blender can be used with other softwares and gives good results.

Can you tell me how you achieve the running water drops. They are metaballs, aren’t they? Tracked to vertex groups on subdivided planes that follow paths?

If I’m right it only works on the label because it is not transparent?!

Would be nice if you can tell us about this effect…

Yes, we used Metaballs and Parented them to vertices on subdivided plane that follows a path. Yes there is an intersection with the bottle but we were able to get away with most of everything else since the Coke material is dark.

Omg this is sooooo well done! Congratulation!

Can Realflow export animated OBJ’s? Or you can not export a Maya FBX then import to Blender? Did you use Realflow demo?
Im thinking about trying Realflow’s demo.
Nice Animation

Really well done… just wish it was a little longer in length.

kazinger, yes realflow can export animated OBJs. But there’s an even better news, a new blender build just came out that allows you to import Realflow meshes directly into Blender without the hastle we went through.

Windows build 2.75: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14364171/blender_meshseqcache_realflow_win64.7z

Mac build: http://graphicall.org/1150

And Realflow 2015 also came out recently, its a lot faster than Realflow 2014 and the interface is cleaner. Give it a try. :smiley:

hi can you do a full tutorial of eatch step individualy please need to learn