Futuristic Spaceship "Golden Rose 438b"

Hello, everybody! How’s it blendering?

I’ve been working on a spaceship model for a few days now, but I decided to post this WIP thread after it started looking more detailed. The ship isn’t intended to be aerodynamic and fast, but instead, big and intimidating, carrying a lot of ammo. It doesn’t even benefit that much of being aerodynamic, since it will spend most of its time in space, where there is no air-pressure.

My goal is to make it as realistic as possible, so feel free to post brutally honest feedback.

This is what the ship looks like:

Here is the most recent update:

Here is another angle (older version):

And for those who are curious, here are the two sketches that I am using:

I think it looks pretty nice! I like the angles and the general design and it looks well suited to be a heavy fighter.

Only problem I have is that the wings are in multiple pieces, unless they’re going to be held together by energy binders or something similar. It also needs some greebling behind the engines and maybe a little detail on the hull here and there (maintenance hatches, access ports, sensor protrusions, stuff like that) would really make this thing pop!

I didn’t notice right away that the tail fins have a bend in them. I think they might look better straight but that’s the only thing that really stands out to me besides the wings :smiley:

Thanks for the reply!

About the wings, they’re going to be held together by some sort of magnetic field that will be seen as slight distortions in the air. I’m actually working on the details that’ll be added behind the engines. And i’ll see what I can do to make the main body of the ship seem less boring. :slight_smile:

I’ve added more detail to the ship: another set of wings, detail behind the engines, interior of the ship, a door under the ship (I’ll remove it if it gets on the way), and finally more guns.

The details that I added behind the engines are kind of hard to see because of the lighting. So I’ll see what I can do to fix that later.

Here’s an interior view of the ship:

As you can see, it’s far from good looking. But i’ll see what I can do with it.

Dang bro your good for a 13 year old! Cant imagine what your work will be like when you my age. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, man! But make that 15 years. I forgot to update my biography since TWO YEARS.:spin: My mistake. Sorry about that. lol

No problem. I sent you an email.

I’m now adding details to the main body of the ship. I will see what else I can do to make it look better before the shading process.

Don’t be afraid to post brutally honest feedback.

Not bad! Keep up the good work. :wink:

Good job so far.

On Thing to make it more interesting is to ad some angels. try to swep the wings down in a maybe 5-15° angle.
Also make the ship not one round tube. Maybe put the engine a bit more outward and make the ship a bit longer. That will make it looking faster.
I think the Ship is ab bit inspired from Jupiter Ascending, isn’t it?

Keep the good job going and have fun
Angel

@blendernewbs: Thank you. :slight_smile:

@Angeldust: I never thought of that. Sounds like a great idea. I’ll see if I can make the ship longer. Thanks for replying! Also, I did get most of the inspiration from Jupiter Ascending. Just to let you know.:wink:

I’m starting to get an idea for the shading. The shading process is still in its very beginning, since most of the ship isn’t even textured yet. I would love to hear some of you’re opinions and advice on this topic.

That design is terrific, I love it. It almost looks cool enough that you’d expect it to be an alien ship, but the cock pit looks human enough. Do you plan on connecting the wing segments?

Thank you! My original idea was to keep the wing segments separate, kinda like Jupiter Ascending.

Looking better and better. Keep up tge good work!

Sorry for not posting in a long time. I’ve been working on other projects that were unrelated to this one.

With that out of the way, i’ve made a few quick changes to the materials. I wanted the main body of the ship to have a sort of gold look with imperfections like scratches.

Feel free to post brutally honest feedback.
By the way, as you know, the name of this ship is Golden Rose 438b. But I named it after something that already exists (google: 438b). Feel free to say what I named the spaceship after. :slight_smile:

Another quick material addition:

Since I didn’t want the wings to be completely disconnected from each other, I added some “things” (I don’t know what to call them) that look like light-distorting magnetic fields holding the wings.
I made them using some simple cylinders with some distortion modifiers and a refraction shader setup, reducing the hard edges.

Keep in mind, they’re quite hard to see.

Here is a version where they are tinted blue for you to see them more clearly:

As always, don’t be afraid to post brutally honest feedback.