Blender game lag with GPU latency

I think its the gpu latency cause it hits 80 - 90 when I press playAnyway I am making a little project to see how far my knowledge with the blender game engine has come and to see if I can take any simple project.A 3d five nights at freddy’s and I am doing well untill I press play, when full screen fps is 10 and without full screen 20-30.I had check to see what caused the problem and saw the only thing going high is the GPU latency, if anyone can help me fix this to see if I can finally finish a project and not leave it to rot in a corner on my computer, it will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

1 Like

What are your computer’s specifications? It sounds like you’ve an old GPU / CPU running the game. However, post screenshots of your profile information, and even upload a blend file so that we can test it (with textures packed).

What does it show when running a blank scene?

The latency might have a minimum value that it never goes below simply because of the resolution of the screen. If you’re not getting 60 FPS on a blank project, then you either need a more powerful GPU or you need to reduce the game resolution.

You can also try turning off v-sync.
Find it in the render option panel.

Some other things that can cause high latency are glsl shaders if they are written in a certain way.

Sorry it took me this long to reply(I have the worst internet ever)Can’t do screenshots or blend file du to bad internet I can however tell you that if I get close to the player camara(in office) I see a bit of lag but when I back out lag is gone(also happens in realtime, close to player cam the p for play and high lag, far from player cam then I press play and less lag.I have about 5 lights in the office near the player cam, could this be the prroblemP.S. I am doing great with progress on the game, I hope I can keep my motivation going

Pc specs:Nvidia gt 630Core 2 duo 3GHz4 gb ramThanks for the help

This is starting to get a bit dated, but it should help you better understand the profiler: https://mogurijin.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/bge-profile-stats-and-what-they-mean/

In particular, for GPU Latency:

This category is new to r59097, and will be in Blender 2.69. This category represents the time spent waiting on the GPU. This category used to be entirely within the Rasterizer category, so the same tips from there apply to this category. However, time spent waiting for vsync will show up here now instead of in the Rasterizer category. Also, this category is a bit different from other categories in that it is idle time (the CPU is just waiting on the GPU). This means this is time that can be used by the CPU (e.g., physics, animations, logic, etc.) without affecting the framerate. This also means that if the GPU Latency is high, trying to optimize CPU time is pointless as it will, also, not affect the framerate. If this value is low, it is still possible to be GPU bound. Various OpenGL calls (usually some form of glGet) can cause a sync event in which the CPU has to wait on the GPU. These sync events can cause odd profiler readings depending on which part of the codebase they occur in. For example, if overhead is suddenly taking up a large amount of time, odds are that the font rendering triggered a sync.

I’m having the same issue with lag when using fullscreen mode, there is no lag when playing in the viewport. My system specs is the same as TheKnightsKing, the only difference is I have a Core 2 Quad. This is with a basic scene using no textures, just a level hull. The player character is using logic bricks instead of python. The profiler is reporting 60fps avg with a GPU latency of 15 ms avg.

I found the solution however, the problem has gone away after enabling “Restrict Animation Updates” and “Use Frame Rate” under the System options on the properties screen. I hope it works for others as well.

Friend this can fixed deletting the lights, or reduce the quantite
i solve this way