The Bird - blend file included

Here is a little work I’ve done in a few hours.

I’ve spent 2 weeks of training and my student ended with the will to make this little bird.
So Did I.
Original concept by Svetlana Bukanova

The BW version works well too

1 Like

The Blend file is available here :

I’ve tried to make shaders as understandable as possible.

1 Like

Cute character!

How is that adorable? I would never want a bird to look at me like that. Like a phycho clown…

It looks amazing, so much details are really appealing. Where is the feature row when you need it…

Just a personal opinion, i know you wanted attention on the bird (of-course) but you should not blur the branch at-least not the front part? I really loved this , i am not up-to characters that much , i will be in future :D!! Great model!

Great render! Special thanks for the timelapse.

Looks like something straight out of rio
Good job!

Very nice, having the eyes look like the concept would of given it more life. As is the eyes have a burnt out appearance. But overall good job.

This is insane! Great work! The only question I have is how did you get the hair to look like feathers? I watched the time lapse but I must have missed what you did.

Will

So you practically transformed a cube into this cute little bird… I’m light years to accomplish something like that! LOL
Very good work, and thanks for sharing!

Wonderful! This is so cute with great attention to the details and a masterly execution. And thanks for the time lapse and the blend file.

Just create your hair system and comb them to fit the curvature of the character.
Then set children particles to interpolated and push the clump value to one and play with the clump shape.

Agree, I was not happy with the eyes look, lake of depth but… didn’t want to spend to much time on this, the goal was to be straight forward.

Thanks mate, I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:

Pure Awesomeness man … keep it up … :slight_smile:

thanks I really though you could like it. :o
I love your work

That bird is so cute :wink: awesome work !

The timelapse of your process is stunning. Thank you for share it.

Beautifull !