BMW27 Benchmark for Dummies

Hi,
I edited Mike Pan’s BMW27 benchmark so that even people who do not know anything about Blender are able to do benchmarks.
Since Cycles was only usable with NVIDIA for years there are just a few people with AMD graphics in the communtity so i thought lets put something together for other forums (for example hardware forums :eyebrowlift2:).

The instructions are in the blendfile in text and picture. So you only need to share this file and maybe some infos about blender.
Uhh, and i credited MikePan in the Blend file of course!!

edit: I added instructions for NVIDIA users too.

Blendfile: bmw27_benchmark_for_dummies.blend (3.86 MB)

well… Spatial splits needs to be turned off because it adds a crap ton of render time on the CPU side which effects GPU times based off of how crap your CPU is and open shading language is turned on for some reason. This has been know to cause bugs on GPU in the past (I know because I reported them my self xD)

Thank you for your review. I have fixed this now. Strangly Spatial Splits and even Post Proccessing are activated in Mikes bmw27.blend aswell.

Thank you for your review. I have fixed this now. Strangly Spatial Splits and even Post Proccessing are activated in Mikes bmw27.blend aswell.

Open Shading Language isn’t enabled. Must be in ur Blender Config somehow.

You must be in CPU mode to see OSL enabled

Yes of course. I tried everything! Enabled CPU in the render panel, disabled CUDA and OpenCL. But OSL was disabled with each possible setting. Maybe OSL is enabled in your User settings file. I tested it with a fresh install.

Dont think you can enable OSL in your user settings, That is more of a per scene thing