How do you make texture clear and sharp again?

Normally when I texture paint, I make a new material and a new texture, unwrap and go into texture paint and it looks fine. But now, all of a sudden with an obj file I imported, I made an image in the UV editor at 2048 by 2048 and when I go into texture paint the textures look all blurry and pixely and low quality and I don’t understand how that happened.

bad unwrap?

screenshot

Actually I’m not sure what it was, it keeps going a away and coming back but this time it went for good. As a related question. how come when I unwrap something on a 4096x4096 UV-Editor image it looks exactly the same as if I unwrap it in a 1024x1024 UV-editor image?

unwrapping is resolution independent, if I understood your question

Yeah “unwrapping” is because it’s just vetors, but the image itself isn’t magically transformed into an infinite number of infinitesimally small vectors that would defy all of known physics and destroy the universe since it possesses infinite mass since it has to have had an infinite number of electrons recording that infinite detail or some other weird physics fantasy you’re suggesting, it has to have a finite resolution, there absolutely has to be some limit for painting and zooming in so if I make something at a 10000000000000x10000000000000 resolution and it has full detail, I should be able to zoom in and see way way way way way way way way more detail than when I unwrap the object on a 100x100 size plane. At the very least when I render it, they should be drastically different.

I’m not suggesting you any of that pile-of.
So, if you still want “help”, after more than two weeks, try to be clearer, since there are many non english speakers around here.
Even better: as suggested, show a screenshot. It may contain clue of what is wrong with your file, and at least it will illustrate your problem, without the risk to “destroy the universe”.
And even even better: try to tone down your attitude with people you don’t even know, that take the time to answer you.

How sharp an image is in any given part of the model depends on the number of pixels that each unwrapped face covers (the higher the pixel count, the sharper the image is).

You’re completely useless, you have no business here. Only a really troll would stick around just to insult people.

Finally someone who knows what they’re talking about. How do I adjust the pixel count?

You increase the pixel count simply by using a texture made up of a higher pixel dimensions. When you create a texture you can set its dimensions (1024 x 1024 px has lower pixel count than a 4096 x 4096 pixel texture).

Also for your UVs use as much of the UV space as possible to use as many pixels as possible and for any areas of your texture that need most resolution ensure your UVs use up more of that UV space than areas which need les image resolution.

You’d do better than to attack people who are trying to help you.

Regardless, after unwrapping your model, you select the faces you’re going to adjust and manually move them in the UV editor such that they occupy more/less space according to your needs (or aren’t stretched as much or fit the bitmap better or what have you).

That exactly how you behave on this forum. Arrogant and often offensive. Please give yourself the chanche to understand this.
And btw, my first answer was already right: bad unwrap. the second answer was “screenshot”. You should help people to help you if you don’t understand what is been told you.

Can we at least try to defuse the situation by giving actual help instead of derailing the thread right away? I get the idea that he is fairly new to Blender and if all else fails, just point him to the Blender documentation.

I suggest you read some of their other threads and posts to understand their appalling attitude sometimes shown to responses

Starting threads with titles such as

Blender is a lying piece of shit

What the Fu…???

They have a tendency to have stuck keys on their keyboard in many posts

I don’t give a shit about cycles, I want blender render

Now this thread has been sufficiently derailed by myself and the question has been answered

CLOSED